Chapter 13

Still at the party, a lot of merrymaking. Commander Sieghart drinks a lot of alcohol with no signs of getting drunk so it's only his stress relief for earlier encounters with Admiral Marx. Lt. Lux seems to not bother with him since he knows Sieghart can be the alcoholic guy when needed. Then Captain Willson seems to worry about him. But nothing could do, Sieghart hates Marx.

"Captain Willson, why does Le commandant hate Admiral Marx?" Jean Bart asked curiously in order to know its history between those men.

"Hmm... Basically he's the one who made Sieghart suffer who he is today." He paused as he drank his alcohol then continued, "He took every advantage of Sieghart's heroic actions into a propaganda of some sort. That's why we have many navy recruits."

"Then it must've been---!" Jean Bart seems to recognize what's going on in which Captain Willson nods.

"Yeah, the reason why he became a commander is to help the propaganda. At the same time, unknowingly steals the recognition through report papers to make a name for himself." Captain Willson added then Lt. Lux butts in.

"It happens all the time, that's why we hate him. But no one could literally file against him, he's been called a war hero." Lt. Lux explained further

"Sieghart is just being quiet for now, but once something dire happened--- well, the foolish beast comes in." Captain Willson added further than before he could tell anything more, Helena sensed something.

"Commander, I'm sorry but, I'm detecting strange signatures within the perimeter." Helena informed him which made him alarmed then Lt. Lux overheard it then called over Dido who was talking with the other officers.

"Y-Yes, Master?" Dido responded as she walked beside him.

"Did you get something strange?" Lt. Lux asked but quietly then Dido picked up something strange using her portable radar.

"Y-Yes... There's a massive signature of---" Before she could finished a massive explosion coming from the backstage happened, which caused many injuries and casualties. There are some ships that were able to defend themselves and their commanders.

"S**t!" Commander Sieghart is pissed as everyone sustains damage. The window side has a large hole and they could see the flying Sirens outside. Then he looks to Jean Bart who actually activated her rigging on time to not badly damage them both.

"Thanks, Jean." He thanked me as he looked around the area and there's a lot of fire and debris.

"Anti-airs didn't activate?!" Everyone seems to panic since it was a surprise attack. Most of them are running away then Commander Sieghart goes to Admiral Ernst who's badly damaged.

"Admiral! Hold on!" Commander Sieghart shouted as he rips his uniform to make a bandage to the badly wounded leg of Admiral Ernst. Then Richelieu tries to gather the ship girls to battle.

"*kaff* *koff* Son...! Y-You know what t-to do...! *koff*" Admiral Ernst grunted as he put his weakened hand to Commander Sieghart's shoulder. Then quickly Lt. Lux and Capt. Willson aided the weakened Admiral, as for Helena and Dido with their activated riggings they went out to battle the Sirens.

"Jean, follow Richelieu's orders for now in repelling the Sirens, I must find the others!" Commander Sieghart ordered as he quickly left the area which Jean Bart complied.

He knows what he needs to do from that event. He's the only one that Admiral Ernst could rely on for the secret mission. He will use the chaos as his opportunity to find the culprit and eliminate it at once. It is not explicitly explained, but only he needs to know, he should kill it no matter what.

"Just when things are getting good." Jean Bart muttered as what happened today is a total disaster then she sees Richelieu with her rigging on commanding the ship girls then she approaches her.