Chapter 6

No One POV:

The metal door opened up and they could see nothing but darkness. The bald man said," J.D." The Mexican man named J.D. nodded and put a night vision gadget on his head to see.

He went in with his gun ready searching for the light switch when he heard something. He turned in that direction gun aimed but nothing moved. The rest of the soldiers, Alice,Hope, the man, and Matt were waiting for him while looking in the dark room.

"Got it." They heard J.D. say. Suddenly lights turn on something showing the city on the windows. The soldiers went in with their guns raised scouting the area. "Halon content has dissipated." The medic told the bald man.

He looked at her and nodded slightly. Hope,Alice, Matt,and the man followed when they seen it was safe. Alice has Hope's hand in her own to keep her close to her. They went towards the windows and looked at the city.

They heard horns blare and cop sirens coming from it," makes it easier to work underground, thinking there's a view." Matt told them. Hope leaned against the wall and let go of her moms hand to run her fingers over the cover of the spell book.

Alice was watching her, Hope had her eyebrows furrowed while looking at her book. Hope felt someone watching her so she looked up and seen Alice looking at her with a concerned look.

Hope looked down and frowned before looking up and asking her," are you afraid of me now? Do you think I'm a monster for being a tribrid, something that shouldn't exist. I'm scared that I'm gonna hurt somebody or worse you. I don't want to hurt anybody!" She rambled on to her mom slightly getting ready eyed.

Alice hurried to her and took her face in her hands and wiped her tears from her cheeks. "No,never. You are my daughter. I don't think you are a monster, you are just unique and now I know you can protect yourself. You're not gonna hurt anybody especially me, someone you consider part of your pack. I won't let you hurt anybody,okay? I told you that we'll figure it out together and we did. So I'm gonna help you through this together." Alice told Hope firmly while staring into her eyes, so she could see she is serious.

Hope nodded slightly, her bottom lip wobbled a little, so Alice leaned forward and kissed her forehead while wrapping her arms around Hope giving her a heart full hug. Hope gave out an relieved sigh and snuggled closer to her moms chest. Alice felt it, smiled and squeezed her tighter.

They pulled back pulled back and gave each other a smile. While they had their moment J.D, the bald man, and another soldier pried open the elevator doors. The bald man had his gun ready.

But it opened up to nothing but darkness, so J.D grabbed a flare from his pocket and lit it up and dropped it down the elevator. To show the elevator destroyed way on the bottom. "Looks like we're taking the stairs," J.D told the bald man.

Everybody went down the stairs J.D and the woman soldier first. "Status!" The bald man asked the soldier with the computer on his arm. "Red Queen is locker onto us. She knows that we're here." He told him. Alice who was behind the bald man asked," who's the Red Queen?" He glanced at back at her," state of the art artificial intelligence. She is the computer that controls the Hive." What they didn't know was that the camera was watching them all.

J.D and the woman soldier went down a hall first to make sure nobody is there. The rest of the group followed behind them. On one of the rooms, the glass had holes and water was coming out.

"This is gonna slow is down. Our route to the Queen takes us straight through these labs." The soldier with the computer told the bald man. He nodded and looked at J.D and the woman soldier," Rain, J.D, see how bad the flooding is. Kaplan, find us an alternate route." He said looking at the computer soldier. J.D and Rain went to check while Kaplan started typing.

      "What happened here?" The man asked. Alice, Hope, and Matt looked to the bald man to hear his response. "Five hours ago, Red Queen went homicidal, sealed the Hive and killed everyone down here," he said. "Jesus." The man said.

      "When we realized what was happening, my team was dispatched to shut her down," he told them. "Why did she do it?" Alice asked him. He looked at her," that we don't know. But outside interference is a possibility." Matt and hope who were next to one of the labs that is flooded gasped and jumped back when they saw a lady floating in it.

        Alice moves to Hope and put a hand on her arm. They all stared in horror at the lady. The man turned and looked at the girls and saw them freaked out. "Hey, you girls okay?" Alice let out an Mm while Hope nodded. The man took off his jacket and handed it to Alice," here."

       "No. It was.. I'm fine." Alice told him." Please, come on. It's cold in here." He told her. Hope who was watching them interact smiled at them. When Alice grabbed the jacket her hand touched his giving her a memory of them in bed together doing the deed.

       "Are you. Do you remember anything..from before this?" She asked him, gesturing around them. "No. No, nothing before the train." He told her while sighing. She looked disappointed. "And you?" He asked. "No. Nothing." She said. He then looked at Hope," what about you?" Alice and him looked at Hope while Alice put on the jacket.

      "Um, I remembered when I went unconscious. I was on my bed reading and listening to music when all of a sudden I gasped for air and passed out on my bed. But that's it nothing else." She told him only that. Just cause he is her dad doesn't mean she trusts him. She gets a weird vibe from him. He nodded and turned to look at the soldiers.

       Hope turned to her mom when her mom was still looking at her. Alice was looking at her daughter with understanding eyes that she knew more but didn't want to tell him. Alice gave her a small smile and held out her hand to her. Hope returned her smile and grasped her hand while giving her a kiss on the cheek. Alice's smile got a little bigger.

        They turned back to look at the soldiers when they started speaking. "I found an alternate route, but it's gonna cost us time. We double back, cut through Dining Hall B then we're right on track." Kaplan told the bald man. Matt looked at an air vent when he heard something come from it.

      He was so focused on it that when Rain started taking he jumped and turned to her. "Sir, no go. The whole levels flooded." Rain told the bald man. All right we're behind schedule. So let's move it!" He told them all. The soldiers moved out when one soldier stopped in front of Alice,Hope, and the man.

     He looked at the man and jerked his head up at him and kept walking. The man looked back at Hope and Alice. Alice and him jerked their heads like the soldier at each other. Hope giggled at them. They smiled at her and the man said," come on." They all smiled at each other and followed the soldiers.

    J.D and Rain we're behind the group and stopped to look at the woman that's in the water filled lab. "Poor bastards," Rain said. They walked away and followed the group. If they would have stayed a little longer they would have seen the lady open her eyes and put her hand on the window.

Sorry for any mistakes.