Chapter 7

Alice POV:

We stopped at two metal doors that look like elevator doors. Kaplan started putting in the password for it and the doors opened. I turned to Hope who was reading the spell book and I tapped her arm gently to get her attention.

She looked up at me." Stay close to me, okay?" I told her. She closed the book and nodded at me. She moved closer to me and gave me a small smile. I smiled back. The soldiers went in guns ready and scouted the area. Rain got ahold of Matt and pulled him with her.

Everybody stopped and looked around. I looked around and there was big metal type cages that had big metal tubes coming from them. "Captain, Dining Hall B. That's what it says on the map," Kaplan said. The bald man went to look on his computer. My daughter and I turned to look at them. "Maybe your reading it wrong," J.D told him.

No One POV:

Kaplan turned to look at him and glares at him. "Maybe the corporation's keeping a few secrets down here. Something you're not suppose to see," Matt said. The bald man just stared at him. "J.D,you and Rain keep the prisoner here and secure the exit," he told them.

Alice turned to look at the man and Hope then turned back to the bald man. "Sir, halon levels aren't nonexistent in this room. I think the system malfunctioned," the medic told him. He moved towards her to see. He looked at the group," all right. There may be survivors. Give me a search line, but keep it tight," he told them.

Everybody started going different ways. Alice turned to Hope and motioned to follow her. Hope nodded and followed right behind her. Rain secured a hand on Matt's arm and pushed him forward," move it!" Alice and Hope walked around while looking around at the metal cages. Alice stopped to look in it one of them.

Hope stopped and looked at her mom. She turned to look in it also and she started to growl lowly without noticing. They heard liquid flowing through the tubes into whatever it is that is in it. Alice gasped when the bald man was right next to her face. He turned to Alice and Hope," I said keep it tight."

"Sorry," Alice said. They turned to Hope when they finally heard her growling. She was glaring and growling at the cage. "Why does the Umbrella Corporation have these things," she growled out roughly. Alice grabbed her hand to calm her down. The bald man said," I don't know." Alice squeezed Hope's hand and turned to back to him.

"I'm not sure I want to remember what went on down here," Alice told him. He looked in the cage then back to her," I don't blame you." He jerked his head to the side meaning to follow them. The camera was scanning Matt, J.D, and Rain when they stopped to look in one. "What do they keep in these things?" J.D asked. "How do I know?" Rain told him.

The group went to a room that had computers and heavy duty door with a small window. Alice was looking in the window to see. Kaplan started typing on the computers. "What's taking so long?" The medic asked him. "Red Queens defenses aren't in place. She's making it difficult." He told her with a small smirk. A metallic clink and a load bang was heard then the big metal door opened up.

"Let's pack it up," the bald man ordered. The other soldiers started grabbing the duffle bags. Hope moved next to Kaplan and asked," so are you a hacker?" He looked at her and gave her small smile," I'm a computer technician, hacker sounds like I do bad things." Hope nodded and looked at the rest of the soldiers getting stuff.

Alice and the bald man stood at the entrance of the door were the door opened. The bald man turned his head to look at Alice," you stay here," he told her. She nodded and stood back. He had his gun ready and moved in the hallway slowly looking around. All of a sudden the hallway lit up making him crouch gun aimed. He turned to look back at Kaplan quickly then turned back.