Chapter 11

No One POV:

The other door in the computer room suddenly opened making Rain jump up aiming her gun it. Hope had her claws out crouching a little while Kaplan Aimee his gun at the door. "Don't shoot! Don't shoot!" Alice yelled at them. "Close that door! Close that door!" The man yelled at them.

"They're right behind us! They're right behind us!" Alice yelled out struggling to close the door with Matt's help. Hope and the man ran to help them when one grabbed ahold of the mans arm. "Get off! Get off! Stop it!" The man yelled out. Hope clawed the hand to make it release him. He pulled free," son of a bitch!," he yelled holding his arm. "You okay?" Rain asked him. He nodded," yeah."

"Mom!," Hope yelled out throwing her arms around her moms neck hugging her tightly while crying slightly. Alice wrapped her arms around her Hope's waist hugging her just as tight breathing in relief that her daughter was okay. Alice pulled back and cupped Hope's face to look at her firmly," you're okay, thank god I was worried."

Hope gave her a watery laugh and nodded," I was worried about you too but Rain and Kaplan told me that you would make and you did." Alice wiped her tears and gave her a kiss on the forehead and hugged her again. She looked at Kaplan and Rain mouthing thank you to them. Kaplan smiled a small one and nodded at her while Rain nodded to her.

They pulled back and turned to the group to see them staring at them. Alice cleared her throat and moved towards the other door," what about this door?" Hope hurried and grabbed her moms hand to stop her from opening," don't open it."

"They're waiting out there too," Kaplan rushed out. "And that way?" Alice asked pointing at the room that had the Red Queen circuit breaker device. "It's a dead end. There's no way out of the Queens chamber," Kaplan told her. "So we wait. If someone doesn't hear from you, they'll send backup or something, right?" The man asked Rain and Kaplan.

Rain just stared at him while Kaplan looked down. "What? What's wrong?" The man asked. Hope,Alice, and Matt turned to look at them waiting for their response. "We don't have much time,"Kaplan told them sighing heavily. "You know those blast doors we passed on the way in from the mansion? They seal shut in just under an hour. If we're not out of here by then, we're not getting out."

     Matt and Hope inhaled sharply at that. "W-what are you talking about? They can't just bury us alive down here," the man told them in disbelief. Rain and Kaplan sighed deeply and sat on the floor. "Containing the incident is the only fail safe plan they had against possible contamination," Rain told them looking down at her injured hand.

     "Oh god," Hope said sitting down next to Kaplan on the floor. "And you're only telling us this now, when we're trapped half a fuckin mile underground?" The man scoffed and asked. Alice was looking at the Queens chamber in thought then looked at her daughter scared face then finally at Rain.

     "We have to find a way out of this room," she said. Everybody looked at her when she went to grab the bag with the Queens board. "What are you doing," Rain asked her. Alice went down the hallway and everybody followed her. "Where are you taking those?" Kaplan asked her following right behind her with Hope next to him.

      "I'm turning her back on," Alice told him. "Well, that is not a good idea,"He said to her.  "She'll know a way out of here," she said firmly. Alice went up to the platform and opened up the bag taking the board out. "That homicidal bitch killed my team," Rain told her angered that she was thinking of turning it back on.

       "That homicidal bitch maybe our only way of here," Alice said back to her. "Considering the way she's been treated, I'm sure she's gonna be real happy to help us out," the man sarcastically told her. Alice continued putting in the board pressing the buttons.

       "That circuit breaker you were talking about. Can you bypass it?" She asked Kaplan. "Yeah," he nodded looking at her. "So do it," she told him pressing the buttons. Kaplan got out the small remote moving to the device in the middle typing on it.

"All right. The circuit breakers disabled. This time if I hit the switch, she won't be able to shut down. She's gonna fry," Kaplan told them. Alice moved to stand next to Hope. Banging and whirring was heard and the cameras tried making the Red Queens hologram but it didn't work out.

Rain,Matt, and the man jumped back when the hologram tried appearing in the middle of the room. "Kaplan," Alice asked him concerned on why it didn't work. "The initial charge must have damaged her boards," he told her.

"Ah, there you are. Things I gather have gone out of control," the Red Queen said making Rain angry. "Gimme that fuckin switch right now. I'm gonna fry her ass," Rain said running to Kaplan trying to get the remote. Kaplan held it high from Rains reach. Hope and Alice grabbed her pulling her back from him. Rain fell back on to Hope's chest since Hope is taller than her.

Hope wrapped her arms around her holding her back from getting to the remote. "I did warn you, didn't I?," the Red Queen taunted them. Rain tapped Hope's arm to let her go, Hope let her go seeing she calmed down. Rain took a deep breath," tell us what the hell is going on down here."

    "Research and development," she told them. "What about the T-virus?," Matt asked her. "The T-virus was a major medical breakthrough. Although it clearly also possessed highly- profitable military applications," she told them. "How does it explain those things out there?," Kaplan asked her voicing everyone thoughts.

"Even in death, the human body still remains active. Hair and fingernails continue to grow. New cells are reproduced, and the brain itself holds a small electrical charge that takes months to dissipate. The T-virus provides a massive jolt both to cellular growth and to those trace electrical impulses. Put quite simply, it reanimates the body," she informed them.

"It brings the dead back to life," Rain asked in disbelief. "Not fully. The subjects have the simplest of motor functions. Perhaps a little memory. Virtually no intelligence. They are driven by the basest of impulses. The most basic of needs." A bloody hand was on the floor moved a little it belonged to J.D.

J.D was covered in blood and bite marks. "Which is," Kaplan asked. "The need to feed," The Red Queen said. J.D opened his eyes hissing. "How do you kill them," Rain asked her. "Severing the top of the spinal column, or massive trauma to the brain are the most effective methods."

"You mean shoot them in the head?" "And snapping their necks," Hope and Rain told her both realizing what she meant. "Why did you kill everybody down here?" Matt asked her wondering why she did it.

"The T-virus escaped into the air conditioning system. And an uncontrolled pattern of infection began. The virus is protean, changing from liquid to airborne to blood transmission, depending on its environment. It's almost impossible to kill. I couldn't allow it to escape from the Hive, so I took steps."
"Steps," Matt scoffed at her. "You must understand. Those who become infected," her voice get fainter,"I can't allow you to leave."

"Whoa, we-we're not infected," the man told in shock. "Just one bite, one scratch from these creatures is sufficient. And then, you become one of them." Rain grabbed her injured hand worriedly. Hope noticed and put her hand on her shoulder and squeezed lightly in comfort. Rain looked up at her and gave her a quick tiny worried smile. Hope have her a sad one back and gave her one last squeeze then let go.

"A check of my systems indicates my main drive circuit breaker has been disabled. May I ask why?" "Insurance. We need a way out of here. If you refuse to help at any time, we flip the switch. Understand," Alice told her firmly.

Hope looked at her mom in shock and awe that she spoke to the Red Queen like that. "Mom, that was badass," Hope said looking at her mom with a big dimpled smile. The group let out a small laugh at her. Alice blushed a little and chuckled at her.

(I'm making Hope be taller like 5'8 and have dimples.)
Sorry for any mistakes
Hope you enjoy and comment and vote
Peace out ✌🏻