Chapter 8

No One POV:

       Kaplan took a deep breath and started walking toward the entrance. Alice, Hope, and the man watched him from their spot near a wall. Kaplan walked slowly to the bags breathing shakily while keeping an eye on the lights. He reached down to grab the duffel bag.

       He stood up slowly when a hand went on his shoulder, he gasped and turned to see Alice and hope behind him. Alice was the one that put her hand on his shoulder. He nodded at them shuddering a little. He put the duffle bag on his back, while Hope and Alice carried the other one together.

        The other metal door opened and they walked in looking around the room. The door slowly closed behind them. Kaplan and Hope looked at Alice worriedly "keep going," she told them softly. They walked up platform, Kaplan stopped and took off the bag he was carrying. Hope and Alice set down the bag they were carrying on the floor.

         Kaplan started typing on his arm computer and the floor opened up and something came up from it. "Here. Give me a hand with this," he asked them moving to open the bags. They helped him with putting the strong big metal device on the thing that came from the floor. They didn't see the cameras in the room make a hologram of a little girl.

          "Get out! Get out! You can't be in here," she said with a British accent startling them. They looked back and seen her. "Don't listen to anything she says. She's a holographic representation of the Red Queen-You have to get out!- modeled after the head programmer's daughter. She'll try to deceive us, confuse us." Kaplan told them while still working on the device with their help. "I wouldn't advice this. Disabling me will result in loss of primary power," she said making Alice and Hope look at her moving out of Kaplan's way. "She'll say anything to stop us from shutting her down," he said fixing the device right.

          "I implore you. Implore away. Please?," she said to them. They moved away from the device and it powered up. "Please?," she tried again to stop them. Kaplan got out a small remote device and pressed a button, the hologram turned her head to look at them. "You're all going to die down here!" She told them. Kaplan looked at her and pressed the button, the detonator fires up and the power goes out in the Hive. All metal cages turn to unstable and the liquids stop going through the tubes.

            The power turns back on in the Hive. Unknowingly opening the doors to the labs, elevators, and offices. "What does that device do?" Hope asked Kaplan. "That pulse forces the circuit breaking to shut down her mainframe for 30 seconds. After that, if I don't have her board, she can reboot," he told them while taking out her board. He put it in a small bag and looked at Hope and Alice.

           "They're late," J.D told Rain. She looked at her watch and opened her mouth to reply, when she got cut off by hearing metal scrapping. They all turned to the sound. Rain put back her knife in her pocket and grabbed her gun, loading it. "I'm on it," she said walking towards the noise. She started walking around searching for the noise when she stopped to look around the area. Metal scrapping was heard again, she walked towards it.

             A clanging was heard and she stopped and looked up to see a small metal tank rolling around the floor. She walked towards it gun raised. She stopped upon seeing a woman leaning against a cage. She turned back and yelled," J.D we got a survivor!" She turned to the woman," it's okay. We're here to help." She walked towards her and the woman fell against her. Rain held her up and cupped her face," you seem to be in some serious-," she got cut off when the woman bit into her hand and she screamed out. The woman let go and attacked Rain making them fall to the floor with the woman on top.

            "Get off of me! Get off of!" Rain yelled at her but all she received was snarls back. They rolled around the floor and the keys to the handcuffs fell out. J.D came running towards them and stopped to look. "J.D get her off of me before I stab her ass!" Rain yelled out. J.D grabbed the woman and pushed her away making her fall. He turned to Rain and helps her up asking,"are you okay?" Rain held her injured hand out they both looked at it.

            "She - She bit me,man. She took a chunk clean right out of me," Rain said. J.D grabbed his gun and pointed it at the snarling woman. "Stay down. I'm warning you, stay down!" He yelled at her. The woman got up slowly snarling at them. "She's crazy," Rain told him. "Come any closer, and I'll fire," he warned the woman. She continued getting closer. "I mean it!" J.D yelled at her. He sighed roughly and aimed at her leg and shot her.

          She looked down at it then looked at him and snarled loudly at him. He shot her other leg but she still came at him, so he shot her a couple times but nothing. Rain opened fired on her sending her flying back on the floor. "I shot her five times. How was she still standing?" J.D looked at Rain and asked in disbelief. She grabbed a wrap from her pocket and answered him," bitch isn't standing now." They heard footsteps behind them so they turned to see Matt the prisoner, Kaplan, Alice, Hope, and the man behind them.

           "What was all the shooting?" Kaplan asked breathing heavily. Rain started wrapping her hand," we found a survivor." Kaplan furrowed his eyebrows and looked at her," and your shot him?" Rain looked at him," she was crazed. She bit me." "She's gone. She's gone!"J.D told them looking up at them from the spot where the woman fell. "That's bullshit!" Rain said walking towards him.

           "She fell right here, but she's gone!" J.D said. Alice looked down and saw blood on the floor. "Look, look at the this. There's blood, but it's not much," she said crouching down to look. Hope went down to look and an awful smell came to her nose. She started to sniff the air. Matt crouched down to see also," looks like it's coagulated." "Yeah," Alice said. "It's not possible," Matt said shaking his head a little, he also grabbed the keys that was on the floor.

             "Why not?" J.D demanded him. They all stood up looking at him but Hope was still sniffing the air. "Because blood doesn't do that till after you're dead," Matt told him. Him and J.D stood staring at each other. "Do you guys smell that?" Hope asked the group. They all looked at her, seeing her smell the air with disgusted look. "Smell what?" Rain asked her looking at her weirded out by watching her smell the air like a dog.

              She sniffed the air again,"like something badly rotten," she said covering her nose looking at them. They shook their heads at her. "O-okay. Can we go now?" The man asked them. "We're not going anywhere till the rest get here," Rain said loading her gun.

To be continued......
Sorry for any mistakes.