Chapter One

It was down to one final act. The judges; Simon, Amanda, Alesha, and David were dreading for an amazing one. To somehow elevate their mood from the previous performances and make it a day.

"It says Disco Dogs right here." Alesha reads aloud. "Sounds interesting, yeah?"

"Oh, I love dogs." Amanda quipped, clapping her hands. "Wonder what it would be."

"Dogs in disco, obviously." Simon retorted which earned a playful smack from Amanda and cackling from Alesha.

David bit on the tip of his pen, somehow dazed and distracted. There was something bugging him at the back of his mind, his stomach won't stop churning from time to time. He can't really tell what it was, all he knows is that his instincts are really kicking in.

"Dave."

He snapped from his trance and glanced at Alesha.

"Yeah?"

"We were thinking of getting drinks later, want to join us?"

David smiled. "Yeah, sure. Are Ant and Dec coming?"

She nodded just as some of the crew carried a large prop on the center, signifying the last act was seconds away to start.

"Yeah. They were the ones who invited us. They also mentioned they'd be bringing some friends." She informed once the lights dimmed.

The cue for the last act started and the audience quieted down. There was a big radio prop on the center, it was designed in random bright colors and David was reminded of a particular character in his book. Not a minute or two, two figures dressed in dog mascots crawled on the center of the stage. 

The crowd erupted into a fit of 'awes' and cheers.

"How adorable."

David felt the corner of his mouth quirk up, already liking it.

"Hello," he started. "Welcome to Britain's Got Talent."

The one on the right, dressed in a white husky lets out a feminine bark. David's eyebrow rose, his stomach churning again. He ignored it.

"Who are you?" David continued, somewhat expecting them to reply. But alas.

"They're dogs." Simon answered for them.

Of course, they are. "Disco Dogs, right? Well, the stage is yours, Disco Dogs!"

Once they made their positions, music blasted from the speakers. Everything around the room was alive as the judges bobbed their head in rhythm with the music. The crowd was standing as they went to the groove. As if it wasn't enough, a mumber of people dressed as animals came parading around the crowd and on the stage, dancing along the music.

It was like a huge fiesta.

By the end of the act, confetti exploded and all of them cheered.

"Wow! That was absolutely lively." Alesha comments once they calmed down, a large grin on her face. "It somehow reminded me of a very dear friend of ours who I know for a fact would absolutely love this."

David frowned, his chest constricting. Of course, he knew who it was. She was the reason why he couldn't sleep for the last three months when she left. He remembered, after all she was David's suitor, dubbed by the chaffing girl herself back then. The internet and the whole United Kingdom knew the whole ordeal going on between them. How she would pursue him at the very first time they met and continued to treat David as if the damsel that needed pampering and loving.