Chapter Seven

Correct me if I'm mistaken but the driver's seat in the UK is on the right side of the car, yes?

On to your reading. :) Play the audio, too. Votes and comments are appreciated. Heh.

•••

"Where was this again?"

"If I tell you, it'll ruin the surprise."

Callista pouted, huffing as it deems to be futile from asking David where they were headed. It wasn't because she wasn't a fan of surprises, she loved it. But the dread and suspense was not worth waiting for.

David gave her an amused expression on the driver's seat, looking a bit deflated.

He chuckled and held her hand with his left hand, thumb brushing on her palm while his right hand was holding the steering wheel.

"Patience, baby. We'll get there when we get there. For now, relax." He informed, holding up her hand and kissing the back of it.

Callista flushed a deep red, making her look the more alluring in David's perspective.

"A-alright." She stutters, slightly taken aback from David's nickname for her.

"Did I tell you that you look absolutely beautiful tonight?" He asked, smirking. His voice had gotten a deep timbre, and the shade of his eyes darker.

Callista wasn't aware on the shift on David and he was thankful. He had to keep his impulses at bay. For her.

She lets out a miniscule smile, still abashed. "Thank you. Amanda and Alesha were behind all of this. I'm glad you like it. The same goes to you, you look ravishing, so to say."

He winked. "I do love it. I always look ravishing, sweetheart."

She rolled her eyes playfully. "Simon's narcissism is taking its toll on you."

He feign mock hurt. "Are you saying I'm ugly?"

Callista bursted out laughing, her shoulders shaking. David grinned from ear to ear and gave himself a pat on the back.

"No, honey. I'm saying you are looking more handsome and handsome every day." She chirped, grasping his available hand and kissing his fingers.

With each touch of Callista's lips on his skin, he had taken note how the hair on his neck stood up, his ears heating up, and the uncomfortable shift just below. He cleared his throat.

"Th-thank you." He managed weakly and she tilted her head from his sudden display of meekness.

She was the only one who would render the comedian silent and make him feel shy. Normally, he would have a line up in his sleeves, but with Callista, any pick-up-lines woudl diminish, his heart would pound wildly, his feelings all over, and would just want nothing more than to snog her all day.

"We're here."

The car's wheels halted and Callista peered outside her windshield but she was meet with street lights, the view unfamiliar. She turned towards David who got out of his seat and got out, opening her door like the gentleman that he is.

"Thank you." She mouthed and snaked her hand on his arm.

"I want you to close your eyes." He orders softly, smiling. "I promise I won't push you off a cliff or something."

Callista repressed her giggle and nodded, finding David's whole ordeal amusing and adorable. Her eyes fluttered closed as David guided them to god knows where.