Chapter Six

The two of them broke from the kiss, mesmerized by the amount of the neverending passion that continued to rile inside them.

Callista was panting heavily, eyes dilated and half-lidded, lips swollen.

David wanted to groan out loud on how much of an alluring vixen she absolutely appears before his eyes. Her ivory skin was glowing, her black inky hair framing her diamond visage, flowing behind her all the while cascading her statuesque physique. Her delicate hands maundering his scalp, gripping softly on his short, brown locks.

"David." She breathed, kissing the tip of his nose.

"Yes, love?" He asks, dazed and still elated.

Callista's bottom lip was between her teeth, looking down and blushing like mad. It took a huge amount of self-control to not take those lips again for a bruising kiss, David could go on hours and hours and still be on cloud nine.

"You'll catch a cold." She murmurs, glancing beneath her long lashes, her doe eyes showing innocence.

David's heart melted and he beamed. Holding her hips, he rubbed comforting circles on her stomach.

"I don't mind, love. As long as I'm with you." He says after giving a quick peck on her chin which she responded with a giggle.

She yawned after a moment and thunk her head on David's chest, nestling on the crook of his neck. She inhaled his musky scent, her senses instantly relaxing.

"Sleepy?" David asked, his chest rumbling.

"Mmmyeah." She whispered, closing her eyes.

"Stay with me?" She pleaded against his neck, hot air fanning David's ear.

Goosebumps ran to his skin and he nodded in response. Removing his shoes, he tucked her in the covers and lay down beside her.

"I could do this all day." Callista murmured once they were settled.

David's hands were enveloping her, legs entwined, chin on her head. Her head against his chest, hiding the wide grin on her face. He rubbed her back in an up-and-down pattern all the time while kissing her temple.

"Me, too." He murmured.

After a moment, it was a complete, content silence. Callista was trying hard not to drift off to sleep for she couldn't wrap it around her head that he was here, that he told her he love her, and that it actually happened.

It was all surreal, she was worried it could be gone the moment she would open her eyes.

"David, don't h-hurt me again. I don't think I can handle it." She whispers, pain evident in her voice, her grip on his shirt grew tight.

David pulled a good amount of distance to cupped her face gently, holding her brimming eyes. He pursed his lips and dived in to give her a kiss, one filled with passion and burning feelings that words fail to describe.

"I won't." He says, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear.

"B-but..."

"Shh, we'll talk when you feel better. For now, rest."

Callista found herself agreeing and sighed once more, nestling in David's arms.

Seconds turned to minutes and minutes turned to hours, David had been gazing on the ceiling as Callista snored lightly, her breathing relax. He had been thinking, estimating his decisions.

He had done it, he told her he love and in return, she admitted he still love him. His heart was bursting, how lucky could he get? Callista could have any man she wanted with just a snap of her fingers, but she chose to stay madly in love with a bloke like him.