Special Chapter

Special chapters are dated way back before Callista came back, specifically the times where she still pursued David. Just some short and sweet snapchats between these two babies. :>

•••

"Davy!"

David groaned and rubbed his face. "Oh, god."

"Where are you?" Callista sang as she opened David's door quite harshly, startling the man.

"In here." He mimicked in a high octave with enough sarcasm, not looking at the door. "You found me."

Callista clapped her hands and leaned on the doorframe, eyeing him as David fixed himself on the mirror.

"Great. I missed you."

Callista thought he looked dashing and handsome; with his tall stature, white crisp button shirt, black slacks, and leather shoes.

David rolled his eyes as he tug at his collar, fixing his tie. "Yes, well, I wish I could say the same to you."

Callista pouted, her full bottom lip jutting out. "Meanie. Didn't you miss me one teeny tiny bit?"

"Nope." He replied, popping the 'p', giving her a tight smile. "I think I never will."

Callista snorted and David raised a thick eyebrow at the unlady-like-noise. "Keep telling yourself that, big guy."

David lets out an irritated sigh when he kept fumbling on his tie.

Even when he's annoyed, he still managed to look adorable. Callista stopped herself from grinning. "Here, let me help you with that."

"Callista, I know how to tie my tie. I've done this a hundred times." He mutters when Callista padded her way in front of him, her dainty hands taking over the fabric, swatting away his hands.

David rolled his eyes and put his hands in his pockets, looking like a puppy.

"Yet you seem to forget how and it's Callie to you, Davy. Thought we established that." She haughtily enunciated.

"When pigs fly." He retorted.

Callista ignored it. "You know, it suits you if you were much nicer to me."

David tried not to stare at her face far too long for she looked absolutely beautiful with her white floral dress and short hair, her light brown-green eyes gleaming with profound mirth, and her full red lips pursed in concentration.

He was out of it, not catching Callista's words as it tumbled out of her lips. He could only bob his head, agreeing to whatever she has to say, lost in trance.

He had accepted it long ago. Denying it would be farcical, admitting it was a non-truer fact for anyone with a speck of braincell could tell she was alluring. She was a masterpiece, sculpted by Michaelangelo himself.

He questioned it sometimes why a lovely lady like her would stick with an older guy like him. She was young, in her early 20's, successful and is adored by millions of people. Surely, she has more important things to handle rather than waste her time to something as miniscule as pursuing him.

It's ridiculous to think, even.

David didn't know when it happened, that sudden click when he realized that he was accustomed to her already. His day wouldn't be complete without this mad woman bugging him, constantly reminding him that she wants him and only him.

But he was still in denial, so he hid it. Wallowing it at the very pit of his stomach.

She was shorter than him and ended up on David's shoulders. To spare her any more trouble, David leaned down to which Callista was grateful.

'Calm down, she just smiled. Like she usually does.'

"There." She chirped, patting David's chest. "All done."

Breaking from his reverie, he nodded numbly and swallowed before stepping away from her.

"T-thanks."

She beamed and giggled. The next thing was unexpected. Standing on the tip of her sandals, she snaked her hands on both of David's cheeks before she immediately pecked his chin, not having enough time for him to react.

"I'll see you later, Davy." She grins and skipped away from him, leaving him shell-shocked.

With the clicked of his own door, his hand absentmindedly went to his stubble. A tingling sensation nestled where her lips landed seconds ago.

"What are you doing to me?" He whispers when he felt his heart spike in speed.