P̴̱̆ạ̸͝ṛ̷̈t̷̛̪ ̸̖̃4̵̯͒

It was movie night in the Avengers tower. It was always a huge debate on what movie to watch. Clint voted for 'Bee Movie' everytime. This time Natasha was the victor. Only because she threatened Tony with a knife, so they ended up watching an entirely Russian film. She mostly did it just for the displeasure of the rest of the team.

The movie suddenly pauses and Natasha frowns as the screen turns white.

Sorry for the interruption.
I have some information you might want to hear.

Steve jumps to his feet. "Did you find Bucky?" Tony groggily wakes up and wipes drool from his cheek.

I need to know what you are going to do with him.
Your answer delegates what I tell you.

Steve thinks for a long moment. "I'll bring him here. Help him remember." Tony raises an eyebrow. "Are you now?"

Bad idea.
HYDRA is everywhere.
They'll find him there.

"What? Do you have a better plan?" There is no response for a moment.

Maybe.
I don't like it
I REALLY don't like it but it looks like it's the best option

Steve raises an eyebrow. "What is it?"

He'll stay with me. I know how to hide. A Lot better than him.
I can keep him safe

"How do you know that for certain? Like you said, HYDRA is everywhere." Steve was having a hard time believing he was having an actual argument with a TV.

I've been hiding since I was 12 Captain.
Way longer than either of you have been out of the ice
Plus, if Tony can't find me then how can HYDRA's shit systems?

Tony raises an eyebrow. "How'd you know I was looking for you?" Steve glances at Tony. It would have been nice if he shared that piece of information.

Well one
I'm not a moron
And two
I've been in your system the whole time

Tony scoffs. "You've been in my systems for 2 months?"

It's been 2 months? Damn, time really flies when you're tracking down an ex-assassin
I've got to go and figure how to transport grumpy cat from point A to point B

The screen goes back to the movie and it unpauses. Nat repauses it. "Is this a good idea? How do we know this person is with us and not HYDRA?" Tony sighs and stands. He walks over to his holo table and brings up several new reports. "This is how." Everyone stares at the reports in awe. "Who ever this person is, they've managed to singlehandedly fix the foster care system, expose companies that work through child labor, several sex trafficing rings, and much, much more."

All of the reports had short messages from the Mute. Everyone was impressed. "They've got the best hacking abilities on the planet and are using them for good." Tony nods. "A lot of good."

<•>

Spencer ended up renting a car under a false name. Thankfully she had an actual license. The drive was going to be about five hours and Spencer fixed the car radio so the base was to the max. Feeling it in her chest kept her awake in cars. It also gave her the slightest lick at being able to experience music.

Spencer stops outside Bucky's current hiding place. Her plan was pathetic, but it was all she had. She pulls out her note cards and writes down several messages on each. 'I'm here to help', 'please don't kill me', 'I'm a friend of Steve'.

She glances up at the building and sighs. She's really going to do this.

The little living space in the abandoned building wasn't too different from her own. A rickety bed, a bag with clothes, a chair, moldy food. The lavish life of a runaway.

Spencer almost pees her pants when she is suddenly pinned against the wall. She opens her eyes and sees Bucky. She can tell he's yelling at her so she shakily points to her ear and shakes her head. She mouths 'I'm Deaf' and mostions her head to her pocket. Bucky hesitantly reaches to it and pulls out the note cards.

The last one makes his eyes soften. "Steve?" Spencer nods and Bucker releases her. She rubs her wrist where a massive bruise was forming. She pulls out another note card and quickly writes onto it. 'We have to leave now. I can get you in contact with him, but we need to hide first.' She hands it to him and waits for his response, but his head snaps up. Spencer feels several pops in her chest and her eyes widen. Gun fire.

She grabs Bucky's arm and pulls him. At first he resists but more pops hit Spencer's chest and he follows. As they run something goes through Spencer's leg. She yells in pain but continues to run to her car with Bucky. She starts it and drives off.

Spencer starts to feel lightheaded from the blood loss. Bucky looks at her concerned and she finally pulls off to the side of the road. She couldn't wait to explain why there was blood all over the rental car. She shakes her head. She has no medical training and she can't go to the hospital.

Something taps her arm.

She looks at Bucky and reads his lips. "Are you okay?" She pulls a sarcastic smile and gives him a thumbs up. No she was not fucking okay. She was just shot. In the leg. And it was bleeding
Oh god.
Spencer starts to panic. She hates blood. Ever since her mom-- No. Stop thinking about it.

She starts evaluating her options and groans.
Fuck it.
She grabs her laptop from the back seat and opens it, entering Stark's system. But before she starts talking to them she opens the notebook app and types 'I'm calling for backup. You can trust them.' She gives Bucky a nod, and he believes her. At least that's what she hopes. If the guy she just took a bullet for takes off, then... Oghff!!!