P̵̣̐ȃ̸͙ȓ̷̼t̴̥͠ ̷̳̈́8̷̝̽

Peter Parker was having a rotten day. He'd run out of web fluid on his way to school and fell a good 10 stories. His backpack was all that cushioned his fall. He had to walk the rest of the way to school which resulted in him being late. He also has to take an English test that he forgot to study for. Peter really hated idioms.

"Hey Penis!" Peter groans as Flash runs up behind him. His Spidey-sense blares in the back of his head, but he deliberately ignores it. Flash's backpack hits Peter in the back of the head, which causes him to stumble into the lockers. The impact between cranium and metal could be heard throughout the hallway.

Peter pulls himself to his feet. "Thanks Flash." Flash flips Peter off and walks away. "Hey Peter." Peter turns to face Ned whose face becomes one of shock. "Jeez! What happened?" He points to Peter's head. Peter touches his forehead. "Flash." Peter's phone dings and he takes it out.

???:
Hey Spider-Boy

Peter pales. "What?" He shows Ned. "Who is it?" Peter shakes his head. "I don't know." Ned accepts the text. "Woah, what are you doing? They could hack into my phone!" Ned ignores Peter and taps the information tab on the unknown number. Where the number is supposed to be it says 'Nice try:)'. Peter pales. "What do I do Ned?" Ned gawks. "Reply?"

Peter:
Who is this?

???:
Your worst nightmare

Peter pales. Was this a new enemy from being Spiderman? Did Toomes tell anyone his identity? Peter's mindless rambling is cut off by another text.

???:
Nah I'm just kidding
On the real though, you should get better at hiding your identity
Saying you have a Stark Internship could cause some issues in the future

Peter:
Who are you?
And what do you mean by secret identity?

???:
Don't play dumb
I know your little secret
Don't worry, I won't tell anyone.

Peter:
WHO ARE YOU?

???:
No need to get your knickers in a knot
I'm a friend.
I know Stark.
In fact
I'm in the same room as him now

Peter:
You know Mr. Stark?

???:
In a matter of speaking
Yes

Peter:
How do I know I can trust you?

???:
So cynical
Fine
Hows about I give you the answers to that English test?

Peter:
How do you know about that?

???:
Do you want the answers or not?

Peter:
I do.

???:
English10BIdiomsQuiz.pdf
Ttyl Spidey
:)

Peter bites his lip and opens the link. It was the test and all the answers were there. He smiles and shows Ned. "No way. Your hacker is so cool dude!" Peter stares at his phone. "Yeah, but they know my identity." The bell rings and the two of them make their way to English class. "You don't think they'll tell anyone, do you?" Peter shrugs. He has no clue.

Spencer puts her phone away with a smile on her face. "Spencer, are you paying attention?" Spencer bites her lip and nods. She'd been dragged into a stupid meeting with the other Avenegers. Apparently HYDRA had bombed her old hideout. She felt a bit upset. That old factory did serve as her home for 6 months.

Wait. Spencer's eyebrows furrowed. How did they find the factory? Spencer takes Tony's laptop from him. "Hey! Kid!" She slaps his hand away. Clint laughs. "I like her." Spencer hacks back into HYDRA's files and finds a subtext in one of the files on Barnes. Her eyes widened. Трекер. Tony reads it over her shoulder. "What is that? Russian?" Natasha raises an eyebrow and leans over to look at the screen. "Tracker."

Spencer jumped to her feet and rushed over to Barnes. More specifically: His arm. She starts looking between each increment of metal. He leans away. He doesn't like the attention his... appendage was getting. "Uh, what is she doing?" Tony huffs, impressed. "She realized they tracked us to the factory. There may be a tracker on you."

Spencer pulls a bobby pin out of her hair and opens the palm of Bucky's hand. She sticks it in and moves it around. There is a faint click, and Spencer widens the bobby pin, using it as a pair of tweezers. She slowly pulls out a small chip and holds it out in front of everyone in the room. Spencer tosses the tracker to the ground and stomps on it, breaking it to tiny pieces. "Great, now they know where we are."

"FRIDAY, activate protocol Solitude and evacuate the tower." Tony rushed out of the room, and in his words the windows were covered in a thin layer of a blue haze. Spencer looks at them impressed. She'd read into protocol Solitude. It was supposed to act as a giant shield around the tower. No one in, no one out.

The Avengers watch as Spencer leaves the room. "I can't be the only one to notice how similar they are, right?" Clint says, voicing their thoughts. Natasha tilts her head. The similarities went beyond that of physical. Both of them were brilliant. "No. You aren't."

Spencer unloads her bag onto a table in Tony's lab. If she was going to be trapped in the tower, then she was at least going to be productive. With the resources in Tony's lab she could finish her ATR and EII designs.

She spends the next two hours in Tony's lab, tinkering. The man himself eventually finds her in his lab again. He watches her for a bit, then retreats to his own lab table to work on his prototype for the Mark 49. It was going to be a surprise for Pepper, if he could just solve the issue with the thrusters. They weren't responding to the nanotech like he'd hoped.

"Where is Tony?" Steve mostly asks the air. "He is in his lab with Miss Spencer." FRIDAY answers, then pulls up security footage from the lab. The Avengers watch the two tinker in their... Whatevers they were working on. "Huh." They all watch for a bit, then retreat to their own rooms for bed.

Spencer nearly jumps out of her skin when a bang shakes her table. She whips around and sees Tony covered it soot from a thruster in front of him. She laughs a bit. He looks at her. "Not funny." She hesitantly walks over and looks at the purple thruster. "Careful. It might blow up in your face too." She doesn't seem to have noticed he spoke, and looks the thruster over. Her eyes narrowed and removed the paneling on the top of the boot.

She detaches a piece of a power capacitor and throws it behind her back, then replaces the panel and sets the boot back down. She grabs a piece of paper. 'You are putting too much stress on the thrusters. Just let the nanotech do it's thing.' She turns the paper to Tony, then walks back over to her spot in the lab.

Tony eyes her suspiciously, but takes her advice and fixes both of the thrusters so there isn't so much boost going to the thrusters. He slides both onto his feet and then lightly hovers him above the ground. He smiles at the thrusters and then at Spencer. "Not bad kid, not bad at all."