Ṕ̷͖â̷͈r̵̬̚t̷̔ͅ ̶͈͠1̶̹̇4̴̣̽

Tony couldn't figure out the serum. He had no idea what it would do to a person. To his daughter. He still couldn't believe Spencer was his kid. It was so surreal. He was so happy, but he couldn't seem to enjoy it. He wanted her to be okay.

      "Tony!" Natasha rushes into the room. Tony looks up from his work. Natasha takes a second to catch her breath. "She's out of surgery."

<°>

      Spencer had a breathing tube down her throat and a feeding tube down her nose. She was hooked up to every monitor known to man. Almost every inch of her arms and legs were covered in gauze. Cho had done all that she could to repair the damage, but her wounds had already started healing and there wasn't much she could do to prevent scarring.

      During surgery, Spencer had flatlined three times. Cho hypothesized it was her body fighting against the serum, but she still had no idea how it would affect her. Cho had been shocked several times during operating. Nothing too big, just a little static shock every now and again. The lights flickered every so often but she thought nothing of it.

<°>

      Tony spends the next week at Spencer's side. He slept there, ate there, and no matter how much the others tried to convince him to go to bed, he stayed. He went through 17 years not knowing Spencer was his daughter, let alone that she existed and there was no way he was leaving her now.

      His search on the serum kept coming up empty. He needed Spencer to help him understand how she made it, because he wasn't allowed to experiment with it. A little rule Fury set out after the whole deal with Banner.

      They still had no idea how it would affect Spencer and Tony was terrified. He couldn't lose his daught. Not after just getting her.

<°>

      Tony feels something under his hand move. His head shoots up and he looks at Spencer. "Spencer?" He grabs her hand and squeezes it. He stares at her face for a moment then Spencer starts to shake. For a second he second guesses what is going on. An earthquake, but no he realizes it's not that. She's seizing. His eyes widen and he turns Spencer on her side. "FRIDAY! Get Cho in here!"

      Tony's eyes fill with worry and fear. Cho bursts into the room and takes over for Tony. "Give her some Carbatrol now!" Tony slowly backs out of the room in horror. "No." He shakes his head and runs out of the medical wing.

<°>

      Natasha finds Tony at the bar. He wasn't hard to find. Natasha knew this man like the back of her hand. She slides into the bar stool next to him. "She's okay." Tony gulps down the rest of his whiskey. "Cho stopped the seizure before it became worse." She leans forward to get into Tony's line of vision. "She said it happened because her body is rejecting the serum." Tony nods and reaches over the bar to grab the whole bottle of whiskey. He doesn't even bother to pour a glass.

      Natasha sighs. "You need to sleep Tony ignores her and takes another sip from his whiskey. Natasha sighs and takes the bottle from him. "Fine, if you're going to be an ass, then at least use a glass." As she pours the whiskey into the glass she adds a few drops of something, hidden in her hand. Tony doesn't see this and sips his drink.

      Natasha watches him and Tony makes a face. He looks at his glass, then passes out of the bar. Natasha sighs. Nothing a little benzodiazepine can't fix. "FRIDAY, tell Steve I need him." There's no way she's carrying Tony's drunk ass to bed. "Of course Miss Romanoff."