Adore || Jenlisa

Jennie first sees Lisa on a rainy Monday. she had been quietly minding her own business in a lone corner in Jisoo's cozy cafe, sipping her hot latte from time to time as she flicked through the pages of the novel Irene had lent her . almost as if on cue, she had felt the sudden urger to look up, tearing her eyes away from the words printed on the novel as she looked at a girl walking in the cafe with a smile that rivaled the sun and eyes that outshone the stars. Jennie's heart leaped to her throat as she felt the world shift on its axis, the center of gravity being the beautiful girl that walked through the cafe door and promptly made her way to Jennie's heart. Jennie observed the girl from afar, eyes never leaving her as she subtly takes sips of her rapidly cooling latte. Jennie doesn't make a move to talk to the girl as the latter grabs her order and leaves, taking Jennie's heart along with her hot chocolate and whipped cream.

Jennie sees Lisa again on a sunny Wednesday. this time around, was sitting slighter closer to the door, in hopes of catching sight of the beautiful girl again. Jennie was a frequent customer at Jisoo's cafe , so she's certain she won't miss a girl like her. Jennie felt her heart beat a fast rhythm as she sees a girl with her head down as she seemed to look for something in her bag. Jennie silently thanked the heavens , giddy with excitement as she realises it was the girl she was waiting for. Jennie observes the girl from the corner of her eye , pretending to be immersed in her novel as her foot tapped out a beat underneath the table, Jennie smiles to herself as she sees the girl cutely fumble with her purse, grabbing a few slightly crumpled notes with her pretty, delicate fingers before smoothing it out and handing it over to the cashier. Jennie wills herself to not blush when the girl makes her way to stand near where Jennie's table was , since it was where take out customers usually waited to get their drinks. as she passed by Jennie, the latter breathed in the scent the girl seemed to radiate, a tantalising mix of the sweetest fruit and the richest vanilla. Jennie gazes longingly at the girl's back view, seeing how her smooth , long hair cascaded down her shoulders in a sleek , glossy curtain, her front bangs framing her face perfectly, accentuating her sharp features. Jennie sighs in longing as she watches the girl walk out the doors of the cafe , latte in one hand and Jennie's imaginary hand in the other .

Lisa sees Jennie when she's coming back from college on a gloomy friday. she wasn't having the best of days, and had decided to stop by the coffee shop near her apartment to get a drink . the bell tinkled softly as she pushed the door, alerting the few customers and one beautiful girl with cat like, twinkling eyes and cherry red lips. Lisa felt her breath hitch as she locked eyes with the girl, suddenly the only people in the word being Lisa and her. the former tore her eyes away forcefully, red painting her pale cheeks as she stuttered out her order to the cashier. the beautiful girl's gaze never seemed to leave her, and Lisa felt her heart warm at the thought. Lisa left the cafe with a warm drink and an even warmer heart.

Jennie finally makes a move to talk to Lisa on a beautiful, slightly cloudy Monday. Jennie was never a fan of Mondays, preferring to sleep in since it was the only day where she got to without worrying about being late for work. but today, she had felt courage igniting like a furious fire inside of her, uplifting her mood and spirits to finally make a move. Jennie held the lone sunflower in her right hand tightly, letting the sun shine upon it like a glittering jewel. Jennie decided to sit outside this time, looking ever so beautiful in a pale blue sweater Chaeyoung had gifted her and the faded blue jeans she bought a week ago. Jennie had also ordered a cake, eating it slowly bite by bite as she awaited the arrival of the girl that had been infiltrating her dreams and her heart. Jennie's courage fired up again when she spots the familiar sight of long dark hair and a pair of beautiful legs, knowing immediately it was her. she pretended to focus on her novel, yet couldn't as she reread the same line over and over, watching from the corner of her eye as the girl seemed to be edging closer and closer. what Jennie didn't notice , despite being subtle and as observant as possible, was that the girl was looking at her the exact same way Jennie had the first time she saw her .

Jennie stood up from her seat , flower in her hand as she squared her shoulders, making a move towards the girl. the girl simply smiled beautifully, almost as if she had expected it, her brown eyes swimming with emotion as she gazed into Jennie's eyes. Jennie cleared her throat nervously and introduced herself, to which Lisa did the same. they spent the day sitting outside at the little table for two, sunflower in Lisa's hand and hearts everywhere around them .

Lisa might have fallen for Jennie on a Friday, but Jennie had been in love with her since monday. and now, five years on, with Lisa in her arms and their legs, hands and hearts intertwined, Jennie thinks she likes mondays the best. Lisa seemed to agree, too.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

istg this has been sitting in my drafts for so long-

I'm publishing some old draft converts :DD