ELEVEN

"God!" Edward exclaimed as he ran his hand over his head "So, you're telling me that my brother was one of the most dreaded gangster of this city"

Well not gonna to lie, Edward thought his brother to be some outcast or something, at least that's what happens to children who're abandoned at a young age and has no one to guide them, but Harry being one of the most powerful person of this city who's practically rulling it was way out of his league.

"Yes" The man mumbled as he took another sip from the empty beer bottle.

"Ok, go on"

"So one day...", The man trailed off as he closed his eyes, falling in sleep within seconds.

"What the hell! Wake up!" Edward groaned thoroughly shaking the other man. "Complete the fucking story and tell me where my brother is!"

Fucking shit.

No amount of shaking could wake the already gone man. When Edward started shaking him more vigorously, frustrated by the way how he left a story incomplete, the man peeked over opening one eye and then muttered some incoherent words and went back to sleep.

"Fuck" Edward face palmed himself as he saw the man snoring off.

He murmured a few cuss words under his breath as his hands secured themselves on the crutches, and he made himself steady enough to walk away from this mess not before paying the bartender for the shattered glass.

His eyes wondered about the possibilities where his brother could be now, until he saw his baggage stranded in the middle of the footpath along with a note.

'I'm sorry but you are Harry Styles' brother and even though he's not here right now but I can't drive you. Hope you get a better driver to drive you places but make sure you don't tell them your identity and ulterior motive.

Paul'

Edward crumbled the note and threw it to the nearby trash can as he dragged the trolley bag along with him, as he waited for cab.

The sky was scattered with grey clouds and it looked like the day was as gloomy as Edward's mood.

He spotted a nearby bench and decided to sit on it and wait for any cab to pass, as carrying luggages when you're already walking with the help of crutches is quite tiresome.

Fuck my life.

His wait for cab was abruptly cut by the water droplets hitting him directly on the face. Within seconds, the drizzling took the shape of a full-blown storm and Edward had to take shelter in the nearby bakery shop, whose owner was kind enough to let him stay.

"There you go!" The man happily offered a cup of tea with few cupcakes to the already drenched Edward.

Ed was shocked by the sudden affection shown by the owner but nonetheless accepted it, both the cup of tea and his affection. The cup of tea because he was shivering and the affection because all he got as soon as he stepped on this city is stern looks from strangers and punches hurled to him without any reason.

He was glad that at least some one is showing care and concern for him, even though the person was practically a stranger.

He mumbled a polite 'thank you' to the bakery owner with a lopsided smile while keeping his gaze down to his feet as he sipped from the cup.

From the corner of his eye, he could see the lad looking at him with intently, as if he is a fucking alien or something.

Maybe he recognised me as Harry Styles' brother and is thinking of ways to get rid of me.

The man kept on staring at him with great interest till the door bell chimed and he went off to greet the new customer.

Edward took this opportunity to give him a quick glance. The lad looked no older than himself, probably a few years younger than him. He had cerulean eyes, brown fluffy hair which looked like it's not combed for years and he had pals skin. His accent directed towards Irish or Scottish accent which he couldn't quite put his finger on.

In conclusion, the lad was pretty handsome and his actions point towards his benevolent nature.

Edward contemplated on whether he should go and talk to the owner cause his small act of kindness meant a lot to him, especially today when everybody is just trying to drop bombshells on him, or mind his own business but somewhere in the back of his mind he knew that he's gonna choose the former option anyway.

He approached the counter with a genuine smile this time as he was done with the previous customer.

"Hi" Ed said as the man wiped his hands on the apron "Thank you for everything"

He smiled back at him and Ed could see the twinkle in his eyes.

"Nah never mind. You were drenched and cold so I decided to help. I did nothing." He said casually.

"If you want I can pay-" Ed said modestly even though he knew in the back of his mind that he wouldn't accept.

"No no", he shook his head as he trudged backwards " I was gonna offer you something if you didn't pay, but now the offer is gone" He pouted.

"Ok, I'm sorry, I won't pay. Is the offer still there now?" Ed smiled innocently.

"Yup" He said as a grin replaced his frown "Since, you are drenched you can wear some of my dry clothes and wait till the rain ends"

"Oh no no, I can't do that, you already did-"

"My house is just upstairs and you can change in my bathroom" He cut off Edward.

Ed sighed defeatedly.

"Ok, I think I can do that, but I have my own clothes" He said pointing towards his suitcase "Thanks again"

"No problem, you can take the stairs and the washroom is just next to kitchen. I'll come in five minutes. I need to close the shop"

"Ok" Ed nodded "Oh and I'm Edward"

"Hi Edward, I'm James"

---------
I hope the timelines are not too confusing.

Somebody has a weird middle names fetish here... Who's she?

Anyways, all hail #jedward