Unexpected

There was an uproar.

The hoots of dissenting voices reverberated in the hall, disrupting the tranquility of the monday morning. 
During the weekend as I predicted, the school's website was bubbling with activity when I logged in out of boredom on saturday evening. Students and teachers flooded the site with comments on the newly uploaded video clip of the concluded auditions.

Laraa: What in the world was Nkem singing?

Demie:  Shelah dey burst brain ohhhhhh

Mide2fresh: Meeehn, check out Jide's moves!

Tasha♡: Am I d only 1 who was lukin 4ward to seeing dat cow gurl sing?

MudiLuv: Can't wait 4 my bestie to be announced on monday #Sheilagh4lead!

DarrenLive: @Tasha♡  I bet she was just seeking attention jare. Why call it quits at dine minute?

I kept scrolling through the comment session which consisted mainly of #shelagh4lead comments or some other random comments on other contestants, until one caught my eye.

QuinMerciWyte: Who else spotted nerdy Tom and Patches girl smooching back stage?

My eyes almost popped out of it's sockets. I remembered people casting us furtive glances that day, but I never knew it'd be blown out of porportion like this! All I did was hug Carol that day. I didn't even give her a peck not to talk of smooching. This is a scandal!

“Mercy!” I growled, balling my fists.

Esere1: @QuinMerciWyte I spotted dem oh. Neva thought they were a thing until that day.

My room suddenly felt hot as sweat broke out on my forehead. The following comments made me dizzy.

MhizJen: The way dey were all ova each oda dat day ehn, I was surprised. See couple goals na, God when o😂

Shely: More of disgusted. Of all girls in P.H he chose dat ugly tramp-

I slammed the laptop shut, wincing at the thought of a cracked laptop screen.

I knew I had to calm down. These people aren't worth breaking my laptop screen for.

But wait o, are these kind of comments even acceptable by the school's web policy?

I sighed. I was supposed to be furious and angry at their comments, but I couldn't.
I was tired. Paramount High had never been home for me. If I wasn't on scholarship, I would've changed school a long time ago. I know they're furious about me schooling in Paramount High (P.H) with ‘their money’ , but it doesn't give them the right to treat me or anyone they feel is below their standard like trash. 

They're just shallow minded losers who feel good about making people feel bad.
At least that's what I told myself. 

“Arrrgggh!” I slumped on my bed, screaming into my pillow.

“Tom? What is it?” Mother's concerned voice bellowed from her room.

“Nothing... mum.” I warily replied.

I guess it was a horrible mistake going on that website afterall.

I wished monday morning never came. It was even one of my prayer points in church on Sunday, but then, I guess God doesn't answer such prayers because I opened my eyes, hoping it was weekend again. 
Mum's early morning wake up call made reality glare at me.

I wasn't anticipating going to school at all today but I had to. Our Mock SSCE exams was to begin the next week and it'd be foolery to miss school for such flimsy reason.