Chapter 1: Fawn

Dad: It all started when I met this girl who was about my age....

Clay's POV

Clay was hungry, like really hungry. He was so hungry that he could eat a whole cow. As Clay walked into the Prey Center, he spotted a beautiful MudWing snapping a deer's neck. Even though there were plenty of beautiful girls, including Peril, this MudWing was more gorgeous than the average MudWing. She had beautiful dirt brown scales and warm brown eyes. She had a caramel under belly. 

Mom: Okay, Okay, pause! You don't need to describe her...got it? 

Dad: Fine. 

Clay's POV

She was a beautiful MudWing. That made his heart flutter.  

Dad: Better? 

Mom: Better...continue with the story

Clay's POV

Clay never felt this way before, he never felt the sweaty talons, or the nausea. I guess he felt that way to Peril just a little bit. But then again, this MudWing was really beautiful. Next to Clay was Tsunami watching Clay, grinning. She bumped her wing against his wing and said, "You should go talk to her." Clay looked down and shifted his weight on his talons. 

"I never really felt this emotion so strong," Clay admitted. "I mean, I felt this way to Peril a little bit," he said. Tsunami rolled her blue eyes and pushed Clay all the way to the MudWing. Tsunami then tapped on the MudWing's shoulder. 

"Hi, have you met Clay?" Tsunami introduced. Clay turned pale and was wide eyed. The MudWing smiled at Clay. Her smile made Clay want to wrap her wings around her. 

"H-hi," Clay stammered. "W-what's your name? How old are you? Would you like to go out on a date with me?" Clay rambled. Once he realised what he said, he wanted to smack his face and sulk in the corner. 

"My name is Fawn, I'm 7 years old turning 8 this summer and I would love to go out with you," Fawn answered while smiling. Clay's jaw dropped and Tsunami had to push him out the Prey Center. He didn't even get a chicken for lunch. He just stayed in his cave and prepared for the date that night. 

Mom: and that's how all this drama happened

Dad: Hey, you can't get mad at me, you also did some stuff you shouldn't have done. Like tried getting married! 

Mom: I was hurting! 

Dad: It doesn't matter, let's hear your side of the story...

Mom: boy will you cry when you hear this...sorry kids...