Chapter 3: Scorch

Mom: That night was the worst night of my life

Dad: yeah right. I'm pretty sure your wedding night was the worst night of your life

Mom: do you want to tell the story?!

Dad: ...no

Mom:. Good. So, were was I? Right, I was at the part were I was crying in the cave...

Peril's POV

Peril ran into the cave crying and didn't care that Scorch was still there. The emptyness that she felt was so overwhelming that Peril was sobbing. She heard talon scraps coming toward her.

"Peril?" Scorch wondered. "Are you okay?"

"Go away!" Peril growled. Scorch wrapped his wings around her and she looked at him with a shocked expression. She never knew anyone who could wrap their wings around her besides Clay. "H-how did you do that?" Peril question.

"Turtle gave me an enchantment that said I can touch you without burning," Scorch admitted. "What happened?" He asked, soothing Peril with his bell like voice. This made her feel like she had butterflies in her stomach.

"C-clay kissed another girl," Peril burst into tears. All the moments of her and Clay rushed into her mind. Even though they weren't really boyfriend and girlfriend, it still hurt.

"I'm so sorry," Scorch sigh.

Bitterness flooded her and it didn't leave. "No you're not!" Peril accused. "You're probably happy that Clay is dating another girl!"

"Why would I be happy that you're hurting?" Scorch argued. "I only want you to be happy. Not sobbing your eyes out!"

Peril laid on her talons and closed her eyes. "I'm sorry," she cried. "What did I do?" She sobbed. She ment to say that to Scorch but what she really felt like was saying that to Clay.

"Nothing. You did nothing," Scorch sighed.

"Exactly! I did nothing! I should've told Clay that I liked him when I had the chance," she growled. Scorch lifted Peril's head with his talon so she could see his face.

"No! You did everything right!" He argued. Peril groaned and looked away. "Tell me something," he started, "would you rather tell Clay you like him and get embarrassed or would you watch yourself that Clay never liked you?"

Peril looked at Scorched and said, "humliation. I'd rather be embarrassed than watch what I just watched." Scorch just laughed. He did say anything, he just laughed. His laugh made Peril want to smile.

"See," Scorched said once he stopped laughing. "You don't need that *****."

Mom: I had to censor that out because Scorch called your father a pig

Dad: wait...he did?

Mom: yup. Any way continue with the story...

Peril's POV

Peril smiled at Scorch and sighed. "I guess I always thought that my first kiss would be with Clay," she said. Scorch looked at her sympathetically.

"I know you are healing right now," Scorch suggested. "But if you ever want to have your first kiss, I'll be across the hall," Scorch suggested. Peril smiled at Scorch sadly and then leaned her head o his shoulder.

The feeling that was going through her felt really different. Peril will always remember the feeling when she was around Clay. But this feeling was different, she felt like she could stay in this embrace and be who she is. That was more than. She could ever feel like she. She was with Clay.

Dad: hey!

Mom: great you just ruined the ending!

Dad: sorry.

Mom: right...

Peril's POV

That was more than. She could ever feel like she. She was with Clay.