Chapter 10: The Meeting

Dad: Is it truly true?

Mom: Yes, you get to tell your side of the story

Dad: This...is...AMAZING!!!!

Mom: Right. Well, take it away...

Dad: Should I tell them everything?

Mom: Yes...this is why we are writing a letter to our children

Dad: right...anyway...I was in the Prey Center with Glory, Deathbringer, Riptide, Tsunami, Fatespeaker, Starflight, and Sunny...

Clay's POV

The Prey Center was practically empty in the morning, so it was the perfect day to have a family reunion. Glory and Deathbringer arrived first but when they landed, their flirtatious bickering were the first sounds that came out of their mouths.

"You are so stubborn, my queen," Deathbringer purred when he landed.

"And you are so annoying," Glory shot back when she landed. Deathbringer rolled his eyes playfully.

"Glory!" Clay shouted happily from the top of his lungs. He ran fast towards Glory with Sunny at his tail.

"AGH!" Glory screamed when Clay barrelled into her. "CLAY! GET OFF ME!" Glory shrieked. "DEATHBRINGER!"

The NightWing assassin just grinned smugly at the young queen. "So now you want my help," Deathbringer grinned. He sucked in some air and said, "I don't know, I kind of like how your friend is so happy to see you."

"Ugh, you are SO annoying," Glory growled as she got Clay off her.

"And wonderful and handsome, all of which are my traits," Deathbringer smirked. Glory rolled her eyes and playfully smacked him with her wing.

"I see the two lovedragons just arrived," Tsunami observed. "When are the dragonets due again?" Tsunami grinned.

Glory growled at Tsunami. "Right, and when are Riptide's dragonets due again?" Glory shot back. Clay heard Deathbringer's stifled laughter and joined him for about a few seconds before Tsunami growled at him.

"Nice to see you too," Tsunami growled.

"Glory! It's been so long!" Sunny said, hugging Glory. "I see Deathbringer has been taking care of you," she observed.

"I can take care of myself," Glory argued.

"Yeah, Yeah," Starflight said. "We all know we hear you say it every day!"

"I have to agree with Starflight here," Fatespeaker peeped. "Hey Deathbringer! How is the Rainforest?!"

"Really good," Deathbringer responded.

"Wow, hey everybody, did you guys forgot that I existed?" said a familiar voice. Clay turned around and smiled happily at their guest.

"Squid Brain!" Tsunami beamed. She ran to him and pinned him on the floor. "You are late! You let Deathbringer and Glory win!"

"Are we still competing against them?" Riptide asked. "This seems so childish."

"Just because you are an adult now, doesn't mean you can call my competitive spirit childish," Tsunami growled. "I'm turning 12 soon."

"I know, you have been reminding me for quite some time now," Riptide reminded her. "Now can you please get off me?" Tsunami blushed and got off Riptide.

"Where is Peril?" Deathbringer asked, observantly. "She never leaves Clay's side when there are family reunions."

Fatespeaker's eyes widened and she shook her head rapidly. "Uh, well...um...can we not talk about Peril this evening?" Clay asked. I'm still hurting after what happened on the date, Clay thought sadly. Sunny led them to the Prey Center and Fatespeaker stayed behind to talk to Deathbringer and Riptide.