Chapter 13: Peril and Turtle

Mom: So...yeah...Scorch wasn't a really good person...

Dad: You think?

Mom: Sorry...

Dad: No I'm sorry, I've been so mean this whole time...

Mom: It's okay...we aren't perfect

Dad: thanks...continue the story...we are almost at the end!

Mom: Shush! Anyway...so while my mind was being controlled by a love spell...

Peril's POV

The air was burning hot and she could barely breathe. Peril lifted her head and looked at her surroundings. She was in a burning room but the walls were pitch black. Somewhere in the large hot room, somedragon made a sound. Peril jumped in suprise but turned around with a scrawl on her face. "Who's there?" Peril said, growling. "Show yourself, coward!"

"Relax, relax," said a mystious voice. "You're in your head."

"Who are you?" Peril asked curiously. "Where is Clay?"

"Oh, his memories are whipped. You know the ones were you and him declared your love like an hour ago," the voice grinned.

"Wh-what?" Peril stammered. "W-we didn't declare our love!"

"Yes you did, your memory was whipped too," she crackled.

"What exactly did I say?" Peril asked. The voice crackled and gave Peril a memory that wasn't hers...or so she thought.

Flashback:

Hey Peril," Clay greeted. "Do you wanna sit down next to me?" Peril nodded and Clay scooted sideways and Peril sat down next to him. "Are you okay?" Clay asked.

"Yeah!" Peril exclaimed. Clay raised an eye ridge, the look that he was giving her made Peril want to tell him he truth. "I'm fine!"

"Peril?" Clay asked warningly. "Tell me the truth."

"I'm not fine," Peril sighed. "Look Clay, I have been lying to you," she groaned.

"What do you mean?" Clay asked.

"What I mean is that...I don't love Scorch," Peril cried. "I love you," she sobbed. Peril laid down and wrapped herself in her wings. Peril started to cry in her wings, when she felt another pair of wings wrap around her. Peril looked up and saw Clay looking down at her with a calming, loving, and caring smile.

"Me too," Clay whispered. "I love you too."

"B-but what about Fawn?" Peril asked.

"I never loved her. After I kissed her, I saw you instead of her. So, I knew that I didn't love her," Clay reasoned. "Fawn just wanted to have my back when I went to that double date thing."

"Oh," Peril said. "So, you saw me instead of Fawn after you kissed her?" Peril clarified.

"Yes," he whispered.

"I just wanna check one thing," Peril whispered back. She leaned forward and Clay leaned close to her. With in a few seconds, their snouts touched. And it felt...magical. It felt like her whole world was coming together. Peril felt whole again. And she could tell that Clay felt the same.

Reluctantly, they pulled away to breathe. "Wow," they said together. Peril giggled and laid her snout on Clay's neck.

"That...was...magical," they said together.

"So? Do you think you wanna try us being together?" Peril asked.

"I do," Clay replied.

"Awesome."

"Awesome," Clay said.

Peril stumbled backwords and started to hyperventilate. "Who took away my memory?" Peril growled.

"Scorch did," the voice echoed. "He loved you know." Peril growled louder and pounced at the voice. But as she attacked her, the voice disappeared. Peril shook her head and realized that she was in the Prey Center, standing in front of Clay. He looked baffled but also sad, Deathbringer was next to him too. 

Peril knew that THIS was her chance to tell her friends what is going on. Help, she mouthed at them. 

"What are you DOING?!" The voice asked as it resurfaced to her mind. Then Peril was shut off again. "Don't shut me out like that AGAIN!" 

"I-I shut you out?" Peril echoed. She lifted her head and grinned at the voice. "You just gave me an idea-OW OW OW!" The voice twisted Peril's mind until Peril started to cry. 

"You don't control yourself, I DO!" The voice crackled as she watched Peril in pain. But when Peril closed her eyes,  she saw Fawn write a counter spell under Scorch's bed. Peril nodded and the voice let go of Peril. 

Peril was quiet for a while and watched as Scorch proposed to her. Peril watched as she saw Clay's pained face. But as "Peril" walked through the hallway, Peril saw Turtle walking past her. Peril closed her eyes and imagined that the voice went away. 

"What are you doing?" The voice asked in panic. But Peril ignored it and gained control again. As she was using most of her energy, Peril opened her mouth. 

"TURTLE!" Peril called. Turtle moved his snout toward her, his face masked with no expressions. "It's urgent and I don't have much time to tell you," Peril gasped. 

"What do you want?" Turtle asked angrily. 

"I get that you are mad with me but guess what, you were right. Scorch was bad and I didn't listen to you so I'm sorry," Peril apologized. Turtle forgave her. "I'm under spell and the only way to undo it is to find Scorch's talisman. After you do that read it you must follow the instructions." 

"You are going to come with me," Turtle said. Peril nodded and followed Turtle to Scorch's room. They searched and searched until Turtle found the talisman under Scorch's bed. "PERIL!" he called. Peril leaned over his shoulder and read the paper. 

"I have to kiss Clay for my memory and my love to come back?" Peril asked. The voice was coming back and Peril didn't have much time. "Make sure it happens." And then she went back to being controlled.