Chapter 7: Awkward

Peril's POV

After the conversation with Turtle, Peril started to think. If Turtle doesn't like Scorch, then why did he enchant him to be able to touch me, Peril thought. Scorch wasn't lying...was he?  The thought of Scorch lying was like thinking Turtle would stop being a scardy dragon.

As she was thinking about what was going on, Peril felt someone bump into her. "Ack!" Peril exclaimed. She looked at who bumped into her just to see if anydragon was dying. When she saw that it was Clay, she frowned. "Watch where you're going!" Peril snapped.

"Are you okay?" Clay asked. "You seem...off."

"Ah, well...um...you see-"

"Peril! There you are!" Scorch said. Peril winced as Scorch wrapped his wing around Peril. "I've been looking everywhere for you."

"Uh, Scorch this is Clay and Clay this Scorch...my boyfriend," Peril greeted them. Scorch looked at Clay oddly, as if he wanted nothing to do with him. And Clay just stared at Peril with disbelief.

"Y-you have a boyfriend..." Clay stammered. Is he jealous , oh I hope he is jealous. "T-that is g-great news," Clay sighed.

Just as Peril was about to leave, the beautiful MudWing that Clay kissed walked toward them. She was so beautiful, even the moons weren't as bright as her. Without her giving the order, Peril growled quietly. Only Scorch could hear it but it was there.

"Oh hello, my name is Fawn, I'm Clay's girlfriend," the beautiful MudWing smiled. Her teeth were perfect, what is up with this dragon?!!!!

"Woah! I just had a crazy idea!" Scorch said. "We should have a double date."

"What?!" Peril hissed.

"Yeah, we definitely should!" Fawn agreed.

"What?!" Clay hissed.

"Let's do it tonight," Scorch planed.

"Um, Scorch...can I speak to you alone?" Peril gritted her teeth. Scorch nodded and Peril and Scorch walked to the end of the hall. "Are you OUT OF YOUR MIND?!" Peril growled. "I don't want to go out on a date with my old crush and his girlfriend!"

"Listen, I know we are trying to get him jealous but we are still boyfriend and girlfriend," Scorch pointed out. "Just follow my lead."

Peril huffed and followed Scorch back to Clay and Fawn. "I don't think I can do this," Clay whispered.

"Just follow my lead," Fawn hissed. "So, what time are we coming?"

"Uh...8:00," Scorch timed.

"Alright," they said. I hope you are right about this, Scorch. Because j gave a lot up for you.