Chapter 8: Double Date

Okay this song has a bad word, but luckily I found a clean version. The song is called Nothing to Regret by Robinson. Anyway, continue to read!

Dad: so, as your mom was getting ready for the double date, I was in my sleeping cave talking to Fawn.

Mom: I never liked her

Dad: yeah but she did help us get together

Mom: whatever.

Dad: Anyway...

Clay's POV

It was starting to get dark outside, which means that it was getting close to 8:00 at night. You can do this, Clay, he thought. Just picture you are on a date with Peril by yourself. But instead she is dating that no-good, surprisingly handsome SkyWing. No biggie...ugh! Yes biggie! She is dating someone else! It doesn't matter how much you want to date her! She already got swept off her talons by some other dragon.

Clay closed his eyes and remembered his first date with Fawn. They were sitting outside, watching the moons rise. Fawn and Clay were talking about their siblings and their life. Clay thought that Fawn was the one he was destined to be partners with. But it was he kissed her that he pictured her as Peril. So, he told her that they couldn't be together. It was hard but it had to be done. So, when he saw Peril with that Scorch guy, he wanted to go to his sleeping cave and cry.

And when Fawn agreed to go out on the double date with Scorch and Peril, he thought that he wasn't going to last. But when Fawn told him that they were going to make Peril jealous, Clay thought that it was childish. But now, he thought he needed it. After Clay cleaned up, he walked to the main entrance. Waiting for him was Fawn. She looked even more beautiful than she usually looked. The way her warm brown eyes gazed into his made his heart melt.

Mom: I thought I told you to NOT describe her like that!

Dad: Well, you did the same for that Scorch guy!

Mom: Whatever, just don't DO it AGAIN!

Dad: Fine.

Clay's POV

"Hey you," Fawn greeted, smiling. Clay walked to Fawn and smiled weakly. "What is it?" Fawn worried. "Did I do something?"

"No, it's just...I thought the one day I'd be having a date with Peril," Clay sighed, sadly.

"I get that..." Fawn murmured. But there was something in her voice that told Clay she wasn't talking to him. It was as if Fawn loved another dragon. "Well, we can't stay here all night," Fawn sighed. "Shall we?"

Clay took a deep breath and opened his wings to take flight. He didn't know where he was going, but he knew he was going to regret going to this thing. Clay let Fawn take the lead and then she zoomed to a little mountain. She went into a cave and Clay followed her. The cave was lit with the little moon globes. In the middle of the cave was Scorch and Peril. Scorch had his wing around Peril and he whispered something in her ear. Peril nodded then smiled at us, it was more like a forceful smile.

Mom: Pause! Are you implying that I was acting like a robot?"

Dad: ...maybe?

Mom: UGH! How dare you!

Dad: You see, this is exactly why I didn't want you to tell the story!

Mom: But at least I tell the truth!

Dad: I told the truth! I'm using my point of view!

Mom: Maybe you should tell the kids bedtime stories

Dad: I TELL the TRUTH!

Mom: Save it liar!

Dad: Why are we having this fight now?

Mom: Because, we have to show our kids that we don't always act like dragonets in love, all the freaking time

Dad: Oooohhhh

Mom: Yeah!

Dad: ...

Mom: ...

Dad: Wanna go out after we finish this part?

Mom: ...S-sure...

Dad: Yay! : ) Anyway, back to the story...

Clay's POV

"Hey guys," Scorch greeted. "I hope you like the little set up." Fawn landed and walked up to Scorch.

"No, it's really nice," Fawn complimented.

"Hey, Clay," Peril whispered.

"Hi P-Peril," Clay stammered. They stared at each other awkwardly and then turned away. There was something that Peril was telling through that look, Clay thought mysteriously. I'll find out later. "How was your day?" Clay asked instead.

"Uh, well, normal," Peril replied. Clay nodded and continued to stare at her longingly. Peril stared back at him the same way. "How was your day?" Peril wondered.

"Normal..." Clay lied. His day was far from normal. First, he found out that Scorch and Peril were dating. Then he found out that Glory and Deathbringer were coming to visit. Usually he would be pretty happy but now that Peril was in a relationship, he didn't feel so happy.

Mom: Aw, weren't we cute?

Dad: You notice that now?

Mom: ...You're right...we have always been adorable. I'm surprise we aren't at the top three best ships

Dad: Yeah...anyway...if you are done irrupting the story...

"Hey! Who is hungry? I hear you have quiet the stomach, Clay," Scorch said, breaking the stare. Scorch lifted up his wing and on the table were their food was, was a huge buffet. There was cow, bear, goat, and even donkey! Clay's stomach rumbled and Clay's eyes widened. Peril giggled at his expression and then he smiled at her.

"I am actually really hungry," Clay said, licking his lips. Scorch, Peril, Clay, and Fawn all sat down on the stone floor. "Can I?" Clay asked, reaching for the cow.

"Absolutely," Peril said. "Dig in." Fawn and Clay immediately dung into the cow and bear. Leaving only the bones behind. After Clay and Peril finished the goat, Fawn cleared her throat.

"Peril? Can I speak to you outside?" Fawn questioned. Peril wiped off the burnt blood on her face and nodded. Peril and Fawn flew out of the cave and left Scorch and Clay alone. There was an awkward silence when we heard flapping and crying noises. Clay and Scorch ran outside and watched as Peril flew away. Scorch glared at Clay angrily then flew after Peril.

"What did you say?" Clay questioned Fawn.

"Nothing...just the truth," Fawn answered. Then she flew away, leaving Clay watching her and Peril.

Dad: Oooh, cliff hanger!

Mom: You ready for our date?

Dad: You bet I am

Mom: Great, you want to go to the Claws of the Clouds Mountain?

Dad: Actually, I have something else in mind

Cleril Dramaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें