Chapter 14: Admits

Mom: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Dad: W-what? Y-you remembered? 

Mom: Why would I forget? 

Dad: Aw, because you love me? 

Mom: Yes. But mostly because your birthday is the day after the day Burn killed the SkyWing egg and no one can forget that. 

Dad: True...

Mom: We need to Fawn...

Dad: Fine...

Fawn: Hey guys...

Mom: Just tell the story. 

Fawn: Well...

Fawn's POV

Fawn walked out of her room and continued to walk until she reached the library. Ever since Scorch erased Peril's memory, Fawn researched animus magic. As she was walking, a SeaWing rammed into her. 

The fell to the floor and the SeaWing stepped over her. "YOU NEED TO TELL CLAY THE TRUTH!" The SeaWing shouted. "Tell him he is under a spell!" Fawn's eyes widened. 

"Who are you and how did you know?" Fawn asked. 

"My name is Turtle and I'm animus too," Turtle growled. 

"Wow, my have you grown," Fawn grinned. "Usually you are so quiet and calm. I never thought you would be a target." 

"Well, I'm not so quiet when it comes to my friends being spelled," Turtle growled. "Now you have until moon down before I tell the whole school that you and Scorch put a spell on Peril." 

The moon was rising and Fawn just invited Clay over for dinner. Now, Fawn knew that Clay didn't like Fawn anymore. But after her conversation with Turtle in the hallway, she knew she would have to tell Clay the truth. Wings beat against the wind and talon scraps against the cold hard stone. Fawn turned around and saw Clay walking toward her. 

"Hey Fawn," Clay smiled. "What ya wanted to talk to me about?" Fawn sighed and sat down. 

"Clay, you need to sit down," Fawn started. Clay sat down and waited for Fawn to talk. "You are under a spell. You forgot the most important memory in your life because Scorch wanted Peril to himself." 

"Wait, so Peril is ALSO under a spell...right?" Clay clarified. Fawn nodded. 

"She also lost her memory," Fawn sighed. "And she loved you. That got Scorch so mad and he put a spell on her." 

"I love her too," Clay smiled. Then his smile faded. "She's getting married tomorrow!!" 

"We need a plan," Fawn muttered. 

"Yes! A plan! I'll gather up my friends and her's. We are going to stop that wedding."