A Little Reconnection(1)

Hey Everyone!

Since the Coronavirus has stopped me from school and I would rather be doing things I love than worrying, I decided to come back a bit earlier than expected. I have been working on this story for the past few months (Ironic due to the situation), so I hope you enjoy!

If the virus thing gets better soon, I will have to put a pause on the story until the date I was originally supposed to return!

As a kid, most of us were either stuck inside playing some stupid ass videogames, or truly living and shit outside. I was neither of these kids. You see, I was living and I was inside, but I was kinda dead and never in my house. When I was ten years old, I was rushed to the hospital from collapsing at my elementary school randomly. While I twirled my thumbs and whistled the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme song, the doctors came back to tell me that basically have a fucked up body.

My immune system is shit.

Making me, a person who is susceptible to everything.

So I have been living by ten rules my entire life:

1. No touching things that haven't been sanitized

2. No going outside without my mask, gloves, and having every inch of my body being covered

3. I can not be near individuals who are sick, have been sick in the past week, or do anything that can cause harm to me (smoking)

4. I am to go to breathing treatments every month and have regular checkups with my lovely nurse Alison

5. If I do end up catching something, like a cold, I am to immediately go to the hospital

6. I am to log my health status everyday, explaining how I feel and what's been happening (barfing, diarrhea, sore throat, fever, whatever else)

7. I am only allowed to be outside for about 5-7 hours a day

8. No pets

9. No foods that do not follow protocol

10. No human touch unless necessary

Most of these rules are fine. I don't have to socialize with too many fucked up people, I also am not required to attend any assemblies or outside activities my school has, and the best, I can escape my clingy sister. I am usually a hundred percent fine with this, honestly I love it. Many call me anti-social, but I prefer to say I am EXTREMELY selective on what humans I like.

But things of course change, they always do.

~

The soft knocking at my door was unbearable today. I didn't want to get up, I really didn't, but Alison came in with her bag of 'goodies'. Her footsteps were much lighter than my families, also much faster. Instead of every few seconds came a soft tap, it was almost every second. She fluttered about my room, dusting and opening up the curtains for me to have some form of life enter. As much as I love the idea she is trying to keep me somewhat optimistic, I fucking hate the sun.

"Noah," her voice reminded me of hummingbirds, soft and vibrant, "if you don't get up, I'm going to have to call for assistance." I shot up as quickly as I could, afraid of having Chase come and treat me. She handed me the clothes that were disinfected, my usual black hoodies and jeans. She opened a bag with my new mask, having a panda face on it. She started getting me the weird ones because she said I needed more 'happiness'. I slipped on my gloves and my mask, tugged on my hoodie since it hugged my neck and groaned at the stupid pills she held out, "Don't give me lip."