Cookies And Blood(1)

I tossed my four binders full of work to my Econ. teacher, watching him scramble to catch it, "I finished everything and decided to be a good student and show work!" He rolled his eyes, only fueling my energy, "Also, I think we should do less packets and more learning, don't you agree?"

"Now I will stuff you in the vent Roman!" He wagged his index at me, making me die of laughter. Mr. Christian is probably the most light-hearted teacher I ever had. The others just pity me, which has its benefits but it's really annoying as well. I like banter, makes me feel like I am not weird? Is that the right word?

"What will we be doing now?" I placed my bag onto my table, taking out the things to make sure my stuff is clean and tidy. "I bet this class has been a bore without me here? I'm the light in this class," I joked, watching him quickly glance through my material, rolling his eyes at me.

"I'm definitely impressed," he twirled the binder around, letting me see it, "you weren't even here for this lesson, quite surprising you knew what to do."

"It's not rocket science," I finish wiping everything down, "well, even if it was I would still find that easy." He crumbled up a paper ball and threw close to me, but made sure it went passed me. I gave him the dirtiest glare I could muster, but he just chuckled. He placed my binders into the bucket beside him, fixing the ring on his finger. I stare it, watching the light glimmer off of it. My lips opened when I didn't wish for them to, "It must be nice to be married."

"Huh?" He jolted back.

Heat fused into my cheeks, so I rushed to turning away, busying myself, "Nothing! I was... thinking out loud!"

"Well it is nice," he took a seat, staring at the photo laying on his desk, "I met my wife while we were in college. Her first words to me were, 'So you've decided to do nothing with your life?'. Can't say her vocabulary is filled with flowers, but deep down she was. I was in ruins back then, fearful of life and unmotivated. That little quote of hers woke me up." He seemed to be dazed, completely lost in time. It was nice, seeing someone so engrossed in love. It amazed me. I could only wish. "Marriage is difficult, yes, but it is extremely benefitting. I get to be with the person I love, who is my bestfriend, and makes me whole for the rest of my life. Something that many could never experience."

It hurt.

Just a little.

I would be one of those people. Destined to die of loneliness far before I could fall in love. Love, passion, and forever weren't words to describe my life. In the matter of years I would be buried six feet under, my sister and mother come crying at my stone for the matter of months, then every year they would visit me with those cheap flowers, telling me all about their lives.

That's my future.

Another paper took my attention, Mr. Christian staring at me, "Aren't you thinking rather deeply."

"I tend to do that when I am in classes that actually take thinking," I snapped back at him playfully, watching him scowl and return to this chair. I pondered the idea of marriage, trying to humor myself instead of hurting. "In all seriousness though," he glanced over, "I can only imagine that happiness. So I am happy you get to experience it."

Before any more chatter could continue, the bell went off and I climbed into my sanitized seat. Reality washed over, no more daydreaming. My eyes stayed on the plastic that hugged my desk, since there wasn't much for me to learn anyway. The lesson went by quick, because the bell told me it was time to leave. So I packed my bag and when I turned I found Dominic sitting on the desk closest to me, "Seems like you were full of attention?"

"Oh I was," I fixed the straps on my bag, "completely hypnotized by the lesson."

"Staring at your desk really showed it," he joked.

I rolled my eyes and went to the hall, him following but a couple feet away, "What class do you have?"

"Nothing important," he sighed, "newspaper."

"Newspaper?" I chuckled, "Seems very unlike you."

"What seems like me then?"

I pondered for a moment, but then I snapped my gloved fingers, "Oh you know, some life science stuff. Nothing much."

"Nothing much?" He repeated. We got to my class, seems like time flew by, "Ah, so this is what you have next?"

"Same old boring schedule," I laughed.

"See you another time then," he waved me a goodbye, scooting down the hall quickly. I stared for a moment, noticing how long his legs were. I knew they were long, but they were also slender. That gave off an illusion that he was taller than what he was.

"Class Rome," Chase interrupted my thoughts.

I quickly scrambled in, setting up my things.

~

"One more," the nurse attached another tube, having it be filled with my blood. When I was younger I couldn't stand the sight of it, only because it made me want to puke, but now I'm so used to it. If they aren't drawling blood, what are they doing? My mom and sister still have to sit outside, makes them all nervous and anxious when they see me like this. Soon it was finished, giving me the annual cookies and drinks. I counted the little red dots on the ceiling as I waited for my goodies, "How are you feeling Noah?"

"Good," I nod, letting her jot down things.

"And is there any pain?" She asked.

"Nope."

"Any issues?"

"Nope."

After a bit, she nodded and left me alone. So I stared at the little plant, thinking how cute it was. Then cookies came to mind and I was drooling. Anything about food would make me smile and be filled with happiness. Especially sweets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cookies.

Can I just marry you?