Fort & Movies(1)

"And how have you been sleeping?" His clipboard was a unique color. Sunset orange but once it hit the middle it turned pink. It had little designs all over it; purple flowers, smiley faces painted yellow, and apples covering every inch. I can see why little kids like it, it was bright and hopeful. Everything a young child needed to see. However the doctor didn't match the board. He was gloomy, monotone and boring. The top of his head was bald, but around the side it had little white strings hanging from it. His glasses were golden rimmed and hung on the very tip of his nose, giving me anxiety over whether or not it may or may not fall.

"Normal."

"And normal is?"

"About four to five hours."

He quickly scribbled down whatever notes he was taking. His coat was very big on him, not exactly flattering on him. To me, when people wear clothes that are too big for them, they look even bigger. Fitted clothes make people look lean and skinny. I don't mean skimpy, I mean fit. "And how have you been breathing?" He glanced down at me.

"Normal."

"And normal is?"

"In and out?"

Chase nudged me, "At moments, especially times he is climbing up stairs or hills, he tends to have to take quicker breathes, but other than that, he remains very neutral sir." I roll my eyes and stare at the guys shoes.

They were a nice light brown, looked like something a businessman would wear. However, in the corner, near his big toe, there was a tiny scratch. Since the guy looked to be sixty something, I doubt he could see the scratch since I was barely able to see it, but now I know it's there... it will bother me.... greatly.

"And his eating?"

"He can eat, but it won't stay down for too long."

"I see," he jotted that down as well. I was beginning to feel antsy, wanting to get up and walk around, but Chase would kill me before he let me walk around. The doctor handed him a slip, "I think he should go see this doctor. He specializes in rare conditions and unknown cases. He may be useful."

"Thank you sir," Chase opened the door for me, so I scurried out. As we went back to the car, he lectured me of course, "You can't be rude to people who are trying to help you?"

"Is he actually trying to help me?" I point to the slip, "If so, explain to me why I had to wait AN HOUR AND FIFTY MINUTES, just to be sent to another location!" He rolled his eyes but I had a point! What kind of bullshit mockery is this? Chase filled Alison in on everything as I decided to just take a quick ten minute nap, since I was bounded to nothing but sleep or nagging.

And I chose sleep.

~

Due to my lack of air and inability to walk for long periods of time, I was forced to be confined to my room. For the entire day, I have spent it by watching birds fly by, re-reading my books both online and on my shelf, and creeping downstairs to grab a snack, only to be caught by Alison and banished back to my room. It's awfully boring to be stuck at home. When I was first diagnosed, I had to remain home for a long time before they could create any form of rules for me. I spent it learning how to cook, clean properly, and even learning how to stitch from my late grandma. That all came to a stop when the orders of my quarantine came about.

Most people would sleep or watch movies, but I've seen every movie on Netflix and slept way too much already. I was anxious, wanting to do something. Being home was the last place I wanted to be. Knowing the consequences I would face later, I picked up some sheets and pillows, then marched over to the living space on the second level. Tossing my massive blue blanket over the back of the couch and placing my green one on the ground smoothly, I filled it with pillows and stuff animals. Crawling gently inside, I laid under the blue sheet, staring up at it's loose strings. The living space up here was abandoned. No one came here anymore so at night I usually rushed here. It was cooler in this room and very quiet. Boxes, old furniture, and beat up rugs occupied the space. It was nice here, refreshing even.