Crash & Fall(2)

Dominic's POV

Economy wasn't a class I liked. Most of the time I was bored, tired or hella confused. Personally, I was just hoping to get a passing grade. Walking in was a bit odd, people stared at me. Since I have such long legs, everyone thinks I'm some type of giant. It's annoying. Noah Roman is seated in his isolated chair, plastic covering every inch of him. Out in the hall I caught sight of his walker, some guy that had this idiotic face.

I took my respectable seat and listened to Mr. Christian talk about something. A paper airplane landed at my feet and from the direction it came from, it was a little letter from Noah Roman. Without having to move too much, I reach down and take hold of the toy, opening up to see a little sentence scribbled on it.

"I'm returning your book after class."

So simple, so boring.

I turn my gaze to his direction, giving him a slight nod and go back to looking at Mr. Christian. After the longest lesson I've dealt for this class, I waited for bubble boy to pack his things. He took out my massive Mysophobia book, having it wrapped in plastic bags. If he ever jumped into the sea, I bet all the sea animals would die.

Placing the book on another table, he gestured towards it, "I made sure to wipe it down and to leave it in perfect condition." I take hold of it, nodding my head. Not wanting weird looks because of the plastic, I rip it off and toss it in the bin.

"How much did you finish?"

"The whole thing," I was shocked that he had enough patience to read it all, "it's pretty odd, but I kinda get it. I see why you confused me with having it."

"It's not everyday you see someone wrapped up like you," he seems to flinch at my comment, something he does often. We head over to the door, his walker already in sight, "That guy really follows you, huh?"

"He has to," he commented, "or else he loses his job." Once again we split in the hallway, him being watched by his hawk and I free to venture.

~

AP Psychology is a class I never struggled with. My teachers find it odd how much I devote myself into the research and projects. I was currently watching a video on Depression when Shawn came over. Resting his pale chin on my shoulder, he played with my hair, "What are you doing today."

"Same as usual," I focused on the little details the host was saying.

"When should it be over?"

"Around ten, like usual."

"Then come over after," he blew into my ear, something he likes to do when we finish and I'm getting dressed, "I'm all alone again, so I might as well have someone come bother me."

"Don't you have Jacob?"

"Busy with soccer."

"Jonah?"

"Busy with family."

"How about Darren?"

He wrapped his arms around my torso, snuggling into my backside, "He's busy with his girlfriend." I nod, finishing up my notes on the video, "Don't tell me you finally got someone?"

"Not at all," I shut down the computer, checking the time for lunch, "I don't like relationships."

He let me stand up, fixing my station. He waited for me in the stool, twirling around a few times, "If I'm correct, you're all about non-commitment?"

"Somewhat."

"So you like being free, huh?" He twirled himself around, staring at the walls of the room, "I get that. I mean, my boyfriend doesn't really care what I do, as long as I don't get attached. But then again, it is fun to see him get all riled up."

I zippped up my bag, slinging it over my shoulder, "Well, you are dating a college student, I'm pretty sure he's fucking a few girls." He nodded, not really caring either, "If I'm correct, you're about open relationships?"

"Yes sir!" He giggled, "Only being with one person is so vanilla, I like options. Luckily for me, my guy thinks the same." I watched him spin around, enjoying himself. He's always been carefree, all about doing whatever he wants, whenever he wants.

I opened my calendar, checking to see if I had anything written down, "I guess I could stop by." He jumped up with happiness, "Only two rounds today. I'm not in the mood." He frowned, but got on his tippy toes and pecked me. Once flat on his feet, he made a great turn and left. He was always known for his rather outrageous and flamboyant attitude.

I went out for lunch, seeing the masses of people go towards the lines, hunger lingering in their eyes. Instead of buying from the horrendous lines, I just go to the vending machines and get a few snacks to suffice myself. Pulling out my phone, I see a message from Gracie:

"Dom, can I make dinner tonight?"

"You sure?"

"Yes."

She was always so direct, never went into detail like the others. I just sent her a thumbs up, shoving my phone back into my pocket. She hates when people make food for her, she tends to just say 'no thanks' and goes to make her own. Her phobia isn't just hindering her, but to the rest of the family. In the vending machine, I could see my reflection. My messy hair and crinkled clothes.

Gracie can't be a normal kid.

She never can.

Biting my cheek harshly, I take my snacks and just start walking. Not exactly paying attention to where or how fast. It pisses me off when I think about her. Knowing she can never go back to being some happy little girl. She's confined to a bubble. Confined to a life of isolation. My anger just bubbles.

"WATCH OUT!" I slam into someone, completely crashing on top of them. At first I was just even more pissed, but when my eyes settled and everything became clear, my heart almost stopped.

Noah Roman, the boy with a chronic illness that forbids him from making contact with others is laying beneath me. I bumped into him so hard his mask fell below his chin, his breath and mine mixing into one another. I couldn't do anything but stare at the moment, shocked by the sudden occurrance. He too was still.

Then a massive force ripped me from him, tossing me to the side. It was his watcher, "Noah, are you feeling anything?"

"N-No... I don't know."

"We need to get you out of here immediately," the guy pulls out his device, contacting someone, "Alison, bring the car immediately. There was an incident at the school and Noah needs to be checked, now!" He picked him up, bridal style. Carrying him out to the front, dust being the only thing left. Everyone kept staring for a bit longer, but just hushed whispered came about. Noah was going to be the talk of the school.

Picking up my snacks, I notice Noah's mask remained on the floor. It has a froggy printed on it, which was mildly entertaining. I reach down and take the fabric into my hand. Just my breath touched him, nothing else... was that enough to hurt him? To kill him?

Crumbling it up and tossing it into the trash, I linger for a moment, "Just how bad is your illness?"