Ostentatious

She's at peace yet somehow on fire...

- Samantha King

Savannah's POV:

I'm sitting still, right in the place where I was, when he left me.... I'm processing his words, all that he had said... It feels surreal to me...
How can a man like him, fall for me...
Afterall I am an waitress at a small cafe that's barely the size of this room... I'm not like the other girls who always looked beautiful... I'm so normal.. I'm not attractive, I'm not rich either... What made him choose me...

What am I supposed to do now?? Should I marry him?? Noo.... I can't do that... He said he was bipolar, apparently he really is... How possibly can I handle him... He's way too much complicated for me to handle... I'm confused what am I going to tell him... Will he spare me if I tell him a "NO"??... Oh god, what do I do now....

Wait he said he was going to leave the door open... He said I can look around the house... Perhaps I can do that... Maybe I'd find someone who'll help me or I'd find a cellphone, after last night I can't find mine anywhere here... Perhaps I'd find a way out of here... Yes, thats what I'm gonna do...

I enthusiastically stand up from the couch greatly hoping I'd find a way to get off this place... I peep out of the door and glanced either sides of the enormous corridor to check if someone were there... Though he had permitted me to look around the house, I was still trying to escape from here...

After reassuring that the corridor was empty, I walked out of the room and cautiously walked through the hallway... There are a lot of rooms here... Plenty... What does he do with all these rooms... He said that 'shit like this happens with him' so does that means he has locked up girls like me in these rooms??.. Holy Christ...
That thought on itself is soo petrifying..

Compartmentalising my thoughts I centralize on running off from here..
I've almost reached the reached the end of the passage, I see a lift on my right, I almost want to get into the lift but I decide not to... Cause using the lift might alarm someone on the other floors... I peep down from the railing to check if there were inhabitants, after being convinced there were none I heedfully start heading down the stairs...

I successfully descended two floors and right when I was going to descend the third one, I was interrupted by a warm and matured yet a sweet voice of an elderly women..
"What are your doing here, dear?"
I was stunned, precisely at that spot..

"You are Savannah right, Ethan had told me... Is there anything that you are in need of.." she asks gracefully..

"N-no mam, I'm fine, he had said that I can explore the house, soo...." I stumbled, ever so badly...

"Oh dear, it is no surprise that he has fallen for you... You are enchanting, such an adorable sweet girl..."
She gave me a wide smile, it was somewhat quite heartwarming.. I never expected a person so sweet and warm, in a place like this...
I instantly smiled back at her...

"Okay, you go ahead and continue your exploration Savannah and, you can call me Elise... If at all you need anything, I'll be at the garden, don't hesitate to ask." I nod at her sweet gesture...

She smiles at me and walks away...
I let out the breath I was holding, slightly relaxing... I continue heading down the stairs again...

Finally after reaching the ground floor I see this vast living room, it was underrated for this room to be called just a living room... It is way more than that.... In the kind of circumstance that I am in now, this huge living room is extremely annoying me.. I've got to be much more prudent to cross this one hell of a room... I watched my steps carefully not wanting to gain attention... I moved to one corner and move along the wall...

I cautiously cross this extensive room... I've almost reached the the doorway and thats when I heard his voice... His same authoritative, emotionless deep voice...

"Where do you think your going sweetheart??" He asked menacingly...
My legs immediately comes to a halt... I stand right there inertly, almost like a mannequin... I hesitantly turn around not having any guts to face him.. I keep my head down, avoiding eye contact with him... I can see his foot steps approaching me...

A part of me wants to turn back and run away from here, not even turning back... But I know that's impossible.... He's much more stronger than me and also unlike me he seems to be able-bodied... So right now running away would be the most witless thing I can ever do..

It's hard to control the shuddering of my body... I might collapse any moment from panic attack... Oh god, I never thought I'd be in this situation, ever...

He stopped right in front of me... We are standing too close to each other...
I'm gasping, unable to budge or breathe in his presence...

"Tell me honey, where are you going.??? You trying to escape me??"
He questioned me, ominously...
I never dared to look up at him..
"Oh Savannah, for once just look at me... I have no intention of eating you up, okay???

I raised my head to face him, with all the intrepidness I've ever had...
He grinned ever so slightly...
"Good, now tell me what are you doing here, pricisely at the entrance?"

I'm duumstruck with terror... What do I tell him?? How do I tell him I was going to get away from here??
Why do I have to be here at all...

I open my mouth, but I could find no words.... At last, somehow I manage to speak...
" mmm, I...... I just wanted to take a look at the garden, since you had told me I can explore the house, I thought I could go out there..."

He stared at me skeptically for a few seconds, before finally he spoke up...
"Ofcourse you can darling, this whole house is supposed to be yours... Let me show you around baby.." His skeptical look is nowhere to be found... His voice is filled with pleasure which is obvious on his face..

He went past me, gesturing me to follow him... I'm quite sure that he's pleased by what I told him... I wonder what he'd do to me if only he knew what I was planning to do...

Unlike him this garden is soo pleasent... Something about this garden is calming my panic state...
It feels rejuvenating to walk through the garden.... I take in the fresh air thats surrounded this area... I could see the whole view of the house from here... This whole area is soo expansive.... This garden is nothing like him... How can a person so inhumane like him have this kind of a place at his home...

The sound of nature is soo relaxing, I almost forget where I was or with who.... I wish this peace lasted longer....

" You like this place, hon??" Ethan asked with expectation... I hesitantly nodded at him...

" I know you'll like it here... You can always come here..Whenever you want... But, if, you try to do something very silly then you'll have no idea what your consequences are... Is that clear enough??.."

Here I am, instantly gone into my anxiety mode... I nod again, this time without any hesitation... He gave me a faint smile and lead me inside the house again...

No this can't last forever, how long am I supposed to be here... When is this all gonna be over... I've gotta do something... But what... Oh, this really sucks....

I think I know what to do... I've got to play along... I have to set a bait... Something like a trap... He's supposed to be the prey... But in my case, I might fall a prey to him... I've gotta be vigilant enough... Ufff, if at all there's someone who can help me....

_______________________________________

Author's note:

Hey guys... Hope you liked this one... It's not quite an interesting chapter though...lol... But it always can't be that way... Stay safe ❤️❤️❤️.. Need your love and support ❣️.. Do vote and comment... Laters guys❣️❣️