Lost in Obscurity

Savannah's POV:

I'm sitting here all alone in this expansive dining hall for over 15 minutes or so... And I've been sitting idle for hours, and that fact is really annoying me... I quietly admire the room... It looks soo magnefiscent... The ceiling is so high as though like looking into the sky... The pillars in all the corners of this hall stands tall, and the intricate carvings on the pillars almost makes me feel like I'm sitting inside of a palace...

And this long wooden carved dining table can accommodate seats for atleast 20-25 people... Ethan must be inherited with enough fortune...

As I sit there lost in my thoughts, I hear the door opening... I lift my head to see who it was... Ethan walked in courteously, his sparkling sea blue eyes gazing at me... He's wearing a sea blue tuxedo that matches the colour of his eyes... He raked his hair as he approached me... Okay, I'm nervous now, but why? I don't really know...

He took a seat next to me, still not loosing eye contact... He blankly glared at me for a long moment, before he started to speak up...
"I'm glad you chose to join me for dinner.." he said, furrowing his eyebrows...

The room went completely silent... It's been only over 15 to 20 minutes since he came in, but it feels like several years... He hasn't spoken a word after that and neither did I... We were served with all the delicacies.. I especially loved the crab and creamy vino ravioli... It was so appetizing..
I wonder how this man manages to maintain his physique.. If it was for me, I would probably burst in a month, from overeating all these delicacies...

Once we were done with our meals, he drank his glass of water, wiped his mouth with a tissue and turned to look at me... Seems he's well ordered person, unlike me.. How did he ever think I can be his wife??!!..

I can see him staring at me, from my peripheral vision... I'm nervous... It's obvious to feel nervous when someone is staring at you the way he is doing right now.. I gulp the glass of water down my throat to ease myself...

"Savannah," he called out to me..
I choked, from that sudden shock and turned towards him wide eyed...
He gently patted my back...

"You okay??" He asked with only concern in his voice...
I calm myself and drink some water and nod at him assuring I was fine...

He then let's out sharp sigh and relaxed his tensed body..
"Okay Savannah, now are you alright?? Shall we talk??"
I nodded again at him...

"Well first of, did you like the dinner.."
He asked me.. I was nervous, so I know I'd for sure stutter.. And if I do that, he might guess I'm upto something.. I slightly relaxed and tried to answer...

"Yes ofcourse it was.. It was delicious.. I really loved it." I'm proud of myself that I didn't stumble when I spoke to him...

"That's great.. I wanted to talk to you so I felt it would be nice if we went on a date.." There was a puase..
"Savannah have you considered what I had told you earlier about our marriage??."

I look up at him mentally searching for words to speak..
" Ah, I need some more time.. It's not that easy to make a decision this fast.. I hope you understand."

He nodded at me assuringly..
"I do.. But until then I just want you to wear this." He says, and takes out a small box from his pant pocket and took out shimmering diamond ring from it..

" I want you to wear this ring forever..
Never remove this Savannah.. Never...
This ring shall remind you of me... Of my love.. I love you Savannah... For now and forever.." He said, and leaned in and placed a soft kiss on my forehead...