Chapter 6 - FairyMother

1161 words
No One's POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today was the day of the ball, and the entire kingdom was bustling around, trying to get ready. The little green haired boy was no excuse. He had been tasked with helping his step siblings get ready.

He had to clean and iron both outfits; then help them get into it. He had to fix their hair, and toga's makeup.

He also had to help his stepfather get ready as well, not to mention all the chores they all gave him. If he ever wanted to go to the ball, he would have to do them quickly, but his step siblings were giving him more tasks to do every time he finished one.

Finally everything was squeaky clean, and he went upstairs to go change. His plan, to not get caught by his stepfamily, was to wear one of his mother's old dress. He would get ready while the family was leaving, use some of Toga's makeup to make himself look more girly, then leave for the ball. But it had a slight step back.

As he was in his room in the tallest tower in the house waiting for his stepfamily to leave so he could get ready, he hear his door slam shut and a faint lick. Midoria jumps at the door being closed, and ran quickly to it. He tried to open the door, but it seas locked.

Banging on the door he yelled, "LET ME OUT! LET ME OUT OF HERE."

A raspy, mocking voice answered from the other side. "Sorry, but I'm not letting you out. You see, my children had a great opportunity with the prince, and I won't let your filthy, peasant hands ruin it. Have fun up there. I'll let you out in the morning, if I don't forget about you."

Midoria heard laughter and footsteps leave. He ran to his window and saw his stepfather walk out and get into the carriage. He could hardly see them leave with all the tears coming down his face. What now, there was no way he could escape. He was going to miss the ball, miss seeing Kachann and Ausi at the ball. He might even die up here of hypothermia, considering the tower was freezing and there was no source of heat. He was already starting to shiver.

Most nights, he usually slept in the kitchen, because it was way warmer than up there.

Looking around, he looked for something that could help him escape. Shivering, he stood up and stumbled to his make shift bed. He had several sheets and blankets he could make a rope out of, but what to tie it to? There was an old bench that he used as an anchor.

Opening his window he threw out the make shift rope. He sat on the ledge tugging on the end to make sure it was secure. Trust his rope tying skills, he climbed out the window and started climbing down.

Before he left he put the dress on, so he wouldn't have had to worry about it later. That was a mistake. About half way down, something went wrong. Midoria felt the rope tug, then again. If he listened closely he could hear the old bench breaking. All that came his mind was an 'Oh no' before he fell the rest of the way down.

Modoria screamed as he hit the ground, he'd tried to cushion his fall but landed on his wrist and heard a crack. The pain was so immense, he had a hard time breathing. Once his breath slowed and his eye sight wasn't so blurry, he tried to sit up, with the wall at his back to support him.

He looked down at his dress and gave a strangled cry. His mother's dress was ripped and dirty. There was no way he could go to the ball to see his friends with a broken wrist and dress. He probably wouldn't even make it there with all the tears in his eyes.

The only thing he could think of, with his brain all muddled with pain and sadness was to go visit his mother's glen.

Small Time Skip
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Midoria finally managed to get to his mother's oasis. It was hard through the pain and tears. He walked through the bushes and went to sit down and snuggle up between two big branches, covered in soft moss. He was in pain, he couldn't stop crying, he was supper tired, and his heart was broken.

He was so excited to go to the ball. To dance, to eat good food, to see his friends, but most importantly he wanted to see Kachann. He wanted to dance and laugh with him. He wanted to forget how horrible his life is, and just have a fun night.

But of course it was all ruined. Soon sleep started to over take him.

Most of his dreams were of his mother and this was no exception. He was sitting with her in the glen. He glanced up at her and she smiled down at him. "You know, your never going to find yourself a good, supportive husband if you just sulk here all night."

Midoria blinked twice. "Wh-what?"

"You heard me! There is no way I will let you spend the rest of your life with that horrid family! ... Although, of course, you can't go looking like that. Why don't I give you a new suit?"

"NO!! Ah, I mean no thank you mother, but I wore a dress so my step-family couldn't recognize me."

"Well, alright. If you insist. You also need a ride there, hmm." Momma Inko pondered for a bit before waving her hand in front of her. There grew from vines, grass, and flowers a beautiful carriage, horses, footmen, and a driver.

"Now go sweetie. You'll be late! Oh, and one more thing. My magic can only last so long, it'll wear off at midnight. Just a warning my dear. And if you really love that boy, don't be afraid to tell him who you are. Don't be ashamed of your self. I love you my dear." And with that, Mamma Inko started to fade. The dream started to end and his vision started to go black. But Midoria wanted to stay and spend more time with his mother, but he woke up.

Midoria groggily woke up and rubbed his eyes. He looked around and lo and behold, there was the carriage, the footman, and the driver. Not only that, but his dress was beautifully transformed into a ball gown of silk and diamonds. His shoes were made of pure glass with vines, leaves, and flowers engraved on it.

The pain in his wrist was gone, but it was still broken. At least the bruises were covered with some fine silk gloves.

Midoria happily looked back at his mother's tree, giving her a good bye, and went off to the ball.