Chapter 7 - The Ball

~~~~~~~~~~
1085 words
B: Bakugo
U: Urraraka
M: Mamma Mitsuki
K: Kirishima
D: Deku/ Midoria
~~~~~~~~~~
The ball had just started and, true to the prince's words, everyone was there. But one. The prince sat on a raised platform in his throne next to his mother, on the right, and sister on the left. Behind the royal family were plenty of guards to protect them if needed, and of course, Kirishima was the closest to Urraraka. To the left of the family was the table of foods and desserts, which were crowded of people. To the right of the prince, on the wall, was the band and other servants waiting if needed. The people had entered on the double stares leading to the dance floor in the middle of the room.

Plenty of girls and boys had come up to them, been introduced by Ida, and either,  expected Bakugo to ask them to dance, or asked Urraraka to dance. He barely looked at them and she politely declined. He was looking through the crowd of people looking for someone special.

Just waiting for a small fluff of green unruly hair, he was glad to be raised in a platform, so he could se his small, cute Deku.

U: "Your looking for that boy, aren't you." She asked leaning over after another boring introduction of a Grand Duke.

B: "Thats non of your business, besides I still don't know their gender." He said snarling.

U: "Oh, I thought you would have found out by now, especially with your most recent encounter." She said, batting her eyelashes and putting sweetness into her voice. "I highly doubt they are a girl. Well, I guess we'll know tonight. If they show up."

Bakugo sighed internally. He himself wasn't sure if the green haired beauty would show. But he oh so wished.

M: "Bakugo, dear, I know your excited to see the person you met, but they aren't here right now. Why don't you dance with some nice ladies."

U: "Mother, he doesn't swing that way. Besides, all of them here are just stick ups who want our money."

M: "Urraraka, that is no way to speak of our guests." Their mother scolded.

Kirishima then stepped forward, bowed and said, "May I have permission to speak your Majesty?"

M: "Of course Sir Kirishima. You need not permission to say something. You are already family in my eyes."

K: "Thank you.," then turning to Urraraka he said, "May I have this dance princess?"

U: "Of course Kirishima. I though you'd never ask." Taking his outstretched hand, he and him walked onto the dance floor. The crowd split and gave them room to dance.

M: "Finally he asks, took him long enough." She said, watching them dance with pride in her heart.

B: "Believe me, they would have gotten married already if they could." Both of them chuckled and continued to watched the two dance.

Just then, at the top of the stairs, a figure, wrapped in green, billowing fabric, walked through the doors, and stoped at the top of the railing. Looking down, into a room full of people on fine gowns, dance couples, and laughing friends was Izuku Midoria.

But when people, gasping, looked up, they saw a gorgeous princess. In a long and beautiful forest green ball gown, jewels sewn into the fabric, and big smile on her face. How could she not be a princes.

Hearing the gasps, the prince looked up and froze. There they were, or he guess she now, standing at the top of the stairs, waiting as if they were looking for someone.

Their eyes met, and both were in love. ( if they weren't before). The girl (boy) in green, left the railing and glided down the stairs, simultaneously the prince left his throne and walked onto the dance floor. Both were in a trance of love and wonder. They met in the middle of the floor, and just stared at each other.

D: "Hello." He/she spoke quiet enough so the audience, who was now all staring, couldn't hear.

B: "Hi. I'm so glad you came. Would you like to dance?"

D: "Of course."

Bakugo waved for the band to start playing, and they began to dance.

(I was heavily inspired by the live action, Cinderella so their dance is like the science where they dance. Enjoy.)

(Oh, how I love this scene. Also I want to try go get in as much as possible, so there might be another one. Please watch them.)

As the dance ended, the two started into each other's eyes as the crowd around them started to clap. The prince then grabbed the boy's hand and dragged him to a room to the side where they could talk in private.

D: "So," Deku said as he breathed heavily from the enthralling dance, "your the prince."

B: "Well yes. I am. I'm ... sorry for not telling you sooner. It just, well, I just liked that I could talk with you without you knowing that I'm the prince."

D: "Well I understand. You just wanting to talk to someone without them going after your crown or money. Well, you truly fooled me."

B: "And, as I, you. You do a well go job of hiding your identity. By the way, I wanted to ask, why would a boy wear a dress to a ball?"

Midoria paused, how had he found out? He was sure he was being so careful. And if the prince had found out, did anyone else?

D: "I, uh, I don't know what you mean?"

B: "Don't play coy with me. I have a sister, and I've seen how she acts in a dress. You look like you've never worn a dress before. So, tell me, why are you wearing a dress?"

D: "Ah, well. I'm not actually supposed to be here. I'm trying to hide from my family,"

B: "Why would you need to hide from your parents?"

D: "They're not really my parents. But enough about me, what about you? Your the prince, for goodness sake's."

B "I'm sorry I didn't tell you, but I wanted you to know me. Not the prince. I wanted to see what it would be like to be treated as someone who isn't royalty."

D: "No, it's fine. I understand."

B: "Well, I have something to show you." And Prince Bakugo grabbed the boy in the ball gown and they took off down castle.

I'm so so sorry for not posting.