chapter 12

Emma's POV

I got a call from Bianca she told me to go check up on josh that he might be in danger i was scared to death if anything happened to josh I'll blame myself till i die why didn't i just tell him the truth why did i let it get to this point, i got to josh's apartment i took a deep breath and rang the door bell.
"Emma?"
"Hey can i come in"  well he doesn't look like he is in trouble, He opened the door widely now I walked in his apartment for the very first time it smells nice and very warm
"Are you okay josh" i asked touching his hair
"Arrmm... I guess I'm surprised you're here"
"Josh I'm really sorry for the way things ended last night i couldn't face you that's why i left, I'm so stupid to lie to your face"
"Emma what are you talking about"
"Bianca told me you're might be in trouble i figured it was because of our misunderstanding last night"
"Emma..."
"No josh i am ready to tell you the  truth....Steve is my ex- boyfriend"
"What? Oh my God Emma"
"I'm sorry"
"You lied to my face Emma why???"
"I don't know josh" i was crying already.
"You made a fool outta me Emma, what am i to you someone  you can just play around with ?"  "No josh it wasn't my intention to lie to you i didn't want to hurt Bianca Steve lied to her that i was his best friend he didn't tell her we were together for once and that hurt me so bad i don't know but i love Bianca she's so sweet i don't want to hurt her"  i couldn't stop my tears "Emma it's fine i understand you now but you could have told me i never liked that dude from day one and Bianca didn't send you here because of our fight"
"really?"
" Yes Bianca and i had a huge fight and i just decided to get some" air wow way to go Emma atleast you said the truth already.
"She said some things that is bothering me"
I was wiping my tears already
"What did she say to you"
"Emma I'm such a loser"
"cmon josh"
"i don't know what to do Emma,
I feel like my life has changed i don't know what I'm doing I've disappointed everyone"
"Would you like to share what's bothering you with me josh"
I'm the heir to my dad's company he worked so hard to make his company grow i am suppose to take over the company for my dad but..bu.."  "It's  okay josh calm down now" i said rubbing his back.
"I failed i choose music over my dad's happiness now Emma wants to give all that to that loser boyfriend of hers"
Oh oh Julia told josh already? This is terrible
"What julia can't do that josh i think it's high time you man up and take what's yours i mean i don't think Julia meant what she said maybe she wants you to come to your senses and be a man and take responsibility it won't be fair to let another man take over your dad's company when you are alive"
"What am i going to do Emma what about my music i can't let it go like that"
"Josh there are a lot of artist like you who own their own private companies and trust me it is not related to music babe look at me you gat this"
"Yes i do"
"Yea you do" i planted a kiss on his lips
"Let's go to the house i have to let Julia know i am ready" he said.

*********
Josh POV

We got to our mansion and i saw my dad's car parked outside oh no can this get any better i took Emma's hands in mine
"Emma promise you are gonna be with me"
she laughed "yes josh" she's clueless
We walked in and i saw Steve having dinner with my parents well my dad and i haven't been in good terms ever since i choose music over his company he became cold but my mum....
"Oh my dear come give mum a kiss i haven't seen you forever"
"Hi mum i kissed her you never told me you're coming home today"
"Well your father and i enjoyed our vacation we came home to attend Liam's wedding he is getting married next week and we can't afford to miss that""
"Okay, hi dad"
Well i didn't expect a response
"and who's the beautiful lady beside" you my mum asked smiling
"Oh mum meet Emma my.. My girl Emma my mum jen
"Hi mrs Edwin"
"Oh dear call me Jen have your sit and join us"
We sat down i was facing Steve and Emma was facing Julia
"Hi Bianca" Emma said
"She's Julia my dear" my dad finally spoke
"Dad.... she can call me whatever she want"
"I can't remember naming you bianca when I'm here you are Julia"
"So Emma have we met before" dad asked
"Yes mr Edwin  i work at your company but I'm a subordinate you know, i don't get to see you everyday but i once gave you some coffee" "Yea.....i remember  i really did enjoy the coffee, so why did you choose this guy of all guys"
My God i looked at steve and he was fucking laughing Julia hit him.
"Um josh is a great guy i think i should count myself lucky for having him in my life"
I can't tell how i felt hearing Emma say something like that about me i touched her hands.
"Well you're lucky i guess"
"Dad it's okay" i said.
He looked at me
He was about to say something when my mum interrupted "Dave let it go"
"Julia did you and steve fixed the date for your wedding i guess you have done all the necessary things"
"Yes i met Steve's mom already tho we haven't fixed the date"
"Julia is the one delaying Steve interrupted.
Son of a bitch why don't he just shut up for once
"josh and Steve haven't said a word to each other is anything wrong" my mum asked.
"Nothing mom there's nothing interesting about him Emma coughed i guess that was a sign for me not to lose focus
Julia rolled her eyes and left the table
"What did i say?"
Emma stood up to follow Julia
"Excuse me" she said
Okay i think this is the perfect time to talk to my dad
"Um dad can i have a word with you he looked at me i looked at Steve
.......In private"
my mom toughed my dad's hands convincing him
"This better be quick"
We went to my dad's study room
He poured himself a glass of wine
"dad" i began  i know i haven't been the best son you'd wish for, all you ever wanted for i and Julia was a better life but i was ignorant and foolish to see that, i was young and unaware of some certain things in life i thought being a business man wasn't a cool thing but now dad i want to be that son you wished for i don't want all your hard work to be in ..... you know....vain so right now I'm telling you i want to take over the company"
There was silence now my dad just stood there with his glass of wine i couldn't tell what was coming he walked closer to me okay i know I'm about to get hit but is it a punch or a slap....
My dad pulled me closer and gave me a hug
"That's my son" he whispered i smiled and hugged him back that felt so good.
"I knew you'd come back to your senses but i didn't know when" we both laughed so hard
Oh my i missed this man and his silly jokes
Well i know someone who won't like this news.

I there coco lovers this story is becoming tough i guess I'm loving this i think this is my favorite chapter so far tell me your favorite part but the main lesson in this chapter if you're in a relationship no matter what that secret is tell it to your partner if your partner loves you he would understand you so never be afraid because if they find out much later it's gonna be a disaster
Take it from coco