Chapter 4: "Psy-Vill" War

"Mortis,"

I say

and then the vines begin to die off slowly, to return the girl to the ground. She was barefoot with a tattered red and black dress on.

"Hi my name is Katrina....,"

she says. She turns away as to avoid eye contact. Her face held a perfectly symmetrical smile. 

"My name is"- 

I began, but she interrupted me.

"Your Ostan Spearman child to Selma and Marcus Winters in the"-

She said quickly.

"Do I know you ?"

I wondered in the middle of her sentence.

This is a very strange girl but interesting to say the least.

"I know that you're a witch and I know that you have some enormous pressure build"-

she begins approaching me. She was analyzing me like I was some kind of project.

"Ok what and who are you? I'm beginning to get nervous and I don't like to get nervous"

I snap.

The air surrounding us began to get cold. Katrina blew at the air to see her breath. She scoffs and chuckles. Then she begins to pace back-and-forth twisting her matted hair.

"Typical.... typical"

she repeats to herself. 

Yeah she's pretty but maybe she's missing a few screws upstairs. No need for the decorations if the gears don't work right. So I relaxed a little. The air started warming back up but she was still offended.

"Typical witch..... you're preaching equality and yet ....you do the same thing you're trying to stop"

She says, standing still now.

"Look lady... I don't know who you are and what you're talking about"

I say out of frustration.

"We need each other,"

she says,

"My name is Katrina Caldwell and I'm psychic"

Wow, yeah now she is crazy. Evolves aren't powerful enough to manipulate brain waves. And that's a fact. It's like every Evolve biology book everywhere.

"That's impossible. The only way to manipulate brain waves is through..."

I began confidently, but once again she cuts me off.

-"What ? Through magic??"

She snarls.

"Typical. Do you really think psychics are a myth?"

At this point now I don't know if can trust her or not. It clearly seems like reads her own press. She seems very confident but I know psychics don't exist except for in myths, and in bad TV shows.

"You can trust me"

She says softly with a smile.

"Did you just read my"-

I started.

"Yes...now follow me .....I have something to show you"

She says pointing to clearing.