Chapter 6: Psychic's Well

I woke up in some and abandon part of the forest. My head was splitting. I had the most terrible headache.

Just then, my head started ringing. Then she spoke.....;

"Sorry Handsome! But ....this had to be done!"

It was Katrina. But her voice sounds odd. It sounds like she's on the loudspeaker at school.

Oh No !

Is she in my head????

"Yes I am! Hey , I needed a power source to activate so many minds at once. Sorry not sorry....but I took all of your power to accomplish such a feat!!! Kisses!"

Her voice faded away and then the pain subsided.

I crawled to the nearest bush and immediately tried to create Ice from my fingertips. And nothing worked. She was right. I am powerless. How could I let this happen?!? I punched the ground and sobbed. My magic is gone?? How am I going to find my brother now?? How I have survived all this time without nobody's help is because of a Mckao and the use of my powers, and now both are gone. Between Mckao being gone and now my magic, I don't know which is more important. Through my frustration and sobs, I heard something that sounded like a distant talking. I wiped my tears and stood up and started walking towards the chatter. I was honestly thinking about giving up the quest at this point. But I am a Spearman still .....and we don't cry over spilled milk. High Priestess would not be pleased if I just gave up. She has this Idea that I was supposed to be the "Prince of Witches". But I can't wear a crown with no power. So maybe these people...whoever they are ... can direct me to the nearest place I could-...

Wait!

I know these boys! As I get closer I realize that it wasn't talking, it was arguing. Which is typical for these guys. It was four teenage boys, shouting by a group of trees.

Look !!! There's Psychic's Well !! I must of been closer than I realized.

Out of the four, only three of the boys  looked identical. With the fourth one looking a tad bit older. He look irritated. These are the Greys. Arguably the most handsome boys you'll ever see.

The older one was yelling:

"You guys are so secretive it's annoying!! I'm just gonna go back home!" 

He said turning in my direction.

He flashed his Grey eyes at me.

The three identical boys say together at once;

"Anzel!?"

"No!"

Anzel yells back.

He shakes his head.  He looks up and we lock eyes for a second.

Anzel is the normal one. No powers. No magic. Nothing, just human. So I could imagine why the triplets, who are witches tasked with protecting magical items, would be so "secretive".

"Hey , Anzel"

I say as I waved as he walked passed me.

"Weirdo"

He snaps. He rolled his light gray eyes and disappeared behind the bushes.

"What's wrong with him?"

I asked walking up to the triplets.

Joey Grey (the youngest) , Jordan Grey (the middle) and Jonnathan Grey Jr. ( The eldest). Stood in circle bickering back and forth. If you ask the girls, they would say that they are most sexiest boys in life, but I just think they are just really big babies. They stood at the same height with spiky hair at varying lengths. Their light grey hypnotizing eyes darted back and forth as they argued. I went to Tobias Elementary with them before I joined the coven together while back. The Grey Twins are important to our coven as they guard all "Occultum" which is various magical items from different time periods. Their father owns Fares and Fairies.

Jordan crosses his arms; he's typically the mean one.

"I don't know.... rest assured you don't have to worry yourself Ostan"

Jordan spat.

"Don't be like that Jordan,"

Jonnathan says quickly. They turned to face me looking all awkward.

"What is it? What do you guys have behind your back ?"

I say raising my eyebrow.

"Nothing , what brings you to Psychics Well ?"

Jonnathan says, trying to sway my attention.

"I kind of got caught up in a"-

I begin, but then the triplets break out into a fist fight.

"Dads gonna be pissed that you almost told Anzel! Give it to me!"

Yells Joey striking Jordan in the face.

Jonnathan tried to get in between them.

"Dads gonna be mad, that the two of you are fighting again! Stop!"

Pleaded Jonnathan.

They all began to tussle. Just then a small tattered journal looking book came out of Jordan's back pocket. I swiped it and examined it.

Is this what they are fighting over?
I thought to myself,

I looked at the tattered small book in my hands. It looked very, very old. It wasn't a book more like an old school journal. When I turned the first page. My jaw dropped. Scribbled in cursive in the middle of the worn tattered page it reads;

"Jeremy Rykers Journal: 1 of 2

partly witnessed by Minerva A. Spearman."