Chapter 9: "Juncta-Bags?"

We stood there for a second just staring at each other. She pressed a button on the side of her helmet with a heavily gloved hand. The cybernetic hat pulled back and revealed a stern woman with cornrows in her hair. My hands were still up for some reason.

"Do we know each other?"

I ask, finally lowering my hands.

"No but we will.... I've been waiting for you,"

She began. She reached for something in her pockets.

Why are there always strange women waiting for me?

"Waiting for Me? Why?"

I stutter.

She pulls out a blue pouch, with the symbol of my coven on it. It was closed with a string-like rope.  She tossed it to me. I catch it...barely.

"Yes, but I cant say too much, otherwise it will change things..."

Her voice trailed off.

"What's this?"

I ask , holding the pouch to her.

"Did you even look it? It's something to help you on your journey...good luck."

And with that, the heavy set cyber solider went back in the house and slammed the door behind her.

When I took a closer look at the bag, I knew exactly what it was....it was a "Juncta-Bag". Back in olden days, when witchcraft was outlawed. Witches used a different method of hiding. They would transfer all their magics and energies into a small magical pouch, to ensure the non-detection of magic folk. I put my pinky finger inside. When I pulled it back out, blue dust and snowflakes were on my fingertip. That small amount of dust, seeped into my pores and filled my soul. I exhaled cold mist from my mouth.

WHAT?! MY MAGIC? HOW?

The witch who is hiding their magic MUST put it there themselves, otherwise the spell fails. This doesn't make any sense....this is MY energy. How could she harness it? Or better yet, where did she find it?

I opened the bag completely, and poured all the dust like substance on my palms. My body began to vibrate. My skin felt alive again. My ability to 'feel' nature and my surroundings came back instantly! It erupted at my very core!! My head flew back and my body levitated off the floor a few inches off the ground. The air around me cracked with cold. My eyes lit up purple and I let out a burst of excitement!

I'm back baby!

Now...where did that strange lady go!? She has some questions to answer!

No...she said she was here to help, so I can ignore her mystery until I find my friends. Matter of fact, Mckao was the one who sent me to this address. So he should have some answers.  Thanks Bestfriend , now its time to bust you out. I immediately get to work. With my magic back, I have a plan now for the escape. I grabbed a leaf from the nearest tree to prepare for a bloodknot spell. A spell that would give me direct communication to another witch for a short period of time.

"Next Stop Melissa's Institute..."