Chapter 4

I woke up gasping and shivering. I was sitting up, clutching my shirt. I sat straight and flipped on my light. I clutched my heart and leaned on my elbows, gasping.

I threw on my sweater and slippers and tip toed out of the house. I quietly shut the door and turned around almost smacked right into Will's monster truck.

I still a had a hand to my chest as I walked away from the house. I went to the field and flipped down on my butt. I looked up at the moon.

I've been here for nearly three weeks and I still have these stupid nightmares. They're all replays of what happened. Sitting out here really helped.

I shivered as the wind picked up. I looked around and saw the beast of a truck. I sighed and stood up. If it could do anything, it could block the wind.

I walked up to it and sat against the front tire. Surprisingly, it was warm. I curled into it, soaking up the heat. I sighed and looked at the moon.

"Why does life have to be fill with such teriany?" I sighed and shook my head. "It's not fair. All that man did was make me cower in the presence of any guy. I mean, Will and his friends are really nice...ugh...what's wrong with me?" I face palmed and ran my fingers through my hair.

"His friends are really nice, but Ron...I think he hates me. Thinks i'm a plague. Or weak...yeah, I can see that." I sighed, chewing on my lower lip.

"I think I've actually lost my marbles." I groaned and fell onto my back. I exhaled and suddenly, the passenger side door opened. I blinked in surprise as Ron peered over the seat.

"Hi." I sat up to only smack my forehead on the frame of the door. I fell back and held my head. I looked at Ron and he started climbing out of his truck. I gasped and ran into the house. "Chl-" he started but I was already in the house.

I scrambled into my room and shut the door. I slid down it and shivered. I think he heard me....great.

I went to the bathroom and saw I was bleeding. I sighed and quickly cleaned it. I placed some band aids on it that looked like breathe rights.

I crawled back into bed with the teddy bear I've had since I was a child. I curled around it. I sighed and closed my eyes, hoping to find a dreamless sleep.

___________________

I woke up again around noon. I sat up and put on my sneakers and fixed my hair. I walked downstairs. No one was here. I grunted.

I picked up the house and made a shopping list so I could go out. It was a short list, but no matter.

I heard the gravel crunching and Sarah pulled up. I sighed in relief. I did not want to get in the truck.

"Can I borrow your car? I just need to make a run to the store." Sarah smiled and handed me the keys. "Sure honey." I smiled and climbed into the ford hybrid 2012. I started it up and pulled out as Will and Ron pulled in.

I pulled out onto the road and turned on the radio. I cranked it up.

The drive was short, but scenic. The neighbors were all putting up Christmas decoration when it wasn't even Thanksgiving until tomorrow and that means it was going to be Will and I, with his friends. Do they have families?

I shook it off as I pulled into the supermarket lot. I put the car into park and shut off the engine. I slid on my sunglasses and took out my hair band. I ran my fingers through my hair and grabbed my purse. I opened the door and slid out.

I walked half way to the door when a gasp stopped me. "Lou?" I looked around and say a brunette staring at me. She stood my height. 5'5" and tan skin. She had blue eyes like the depth of the ocean.