Chapter 5

I heard muffled growling through a door. I blinked and sat up. I looked around and saw I was on the couch at the house. I looked around and saw everyone outside.

I went to the door. "What were you thinking, Iron Hide? You scaring her is just making this worse!" Dr. Ratchet scolded. "I am disappointed in you, Iron Hide." I shook my head and appeared in the doorway.

"Get back to-" "Thank you, Ron." I said, surprising everyone. Ron looked away from me and nodded. "How long were you there?" Will asked. I looked at him.

"Long enough." They all tensed. "Look, whatever I wasn't supposed to hear, it won't be repeated." I said, turning into the house.

I looked at the time. 2:00. I sighed as Will came in. "Can you call Lindsey and tell her I can't make it?" Will studied me and nodded. I nodded and paused at the steps as he cleared his throat.

"Lou....what did you hear?" I looked at him. "Iron Hide. I walked in as you guys were scolding him. Don't do that, Will. If anything, you should thank him." I said gently.

I looked out the window at him. He was leaning against his truck, in a relaxed yet alert state, looking over the vast emptiness of the hills. His eyes seemed far away, in another galaxy almost as he looked over the hills. The light seemed to dance over his skin, highlighting his chiseled arms and chest over his tight shirt. It made his hair glisten and slightly move on the gently breeze.

"He saved me, Will. He saved me and stuck up for me to Lilliana. Don't send him away for that. He may not like me, but think about what he did today." I turned to the stair well and stopped on the second stair.

"I will have to go home and get my belongings next week. Then I will have to attend the funeral. I have also picked out dresses for Anna. They are with the groceries." I said softly, ascending the stairs.

"Chloe, you need to let go of him. Of Kyle." I looked at Will. "I am trying. It's easier said than done." I said, going to my room.

I shut the door and went to my memory box. I grabbed every picture and memory of Kyle and put it in the box. I grabbed the ultra sound pictures and shoved them into my pocket for later. I set the box on the rocking chair and went to the bed. I closed my eyes and went to sleep, hoping for a better dream.

___________________

I jerked awake again. I clenched my eyes shut. It was just a dream...just a dream. I kept chanting to myself.

I got ready and snuck out the door after grabbing everything I needed. I snuck outside and went towards the garage. I grabbed the lighter fluid and matches.

I walked out and saw the monster truck. I eyed it and shrugged off the feeling of being watched. Just paranoid. I shuddered. I grabbed the hose.

I walked to an open hill and dropped the hose. I set the box down and grabbed a handful of sticks around my area and put them into a pile. I doused them with lighter fluid and dropped a lit match onto it. It went up in flames.

Sitting near the box, I opened it. I grabbed a handful of pictures. I scoffed at them.

My shoulder length honey blonde hair was curled and silky. Kyle's was blonde. Bleached blonde. His sunglasses sat on his head and he had on a grin. Fake or real, no one will ever know. I had on a true smile. A love struck smile. I threw it into the fire.

I went through a lot of pictures. Maybe about a hundred? I threw them all into the fire. I could slowly feel the pain leaking away through small cracks of my heart.

I threw everything into the fire that was now a nice sized flaming mound. I nodded in approval. I pulled out the ultra sound pictures and held them in front of me.