9- strange

((y/n) pov)

After Golden week and that dream, I had more of those dreams. But it makes sense to me, it was almost her 'anniversary' she is almost 2 years dead. But beside the dreams I still slept good.

Me and the team are working hard for the Interhigh-Preliminaries. We are training as hard as we can. The boys are doing the same. We practice with them sometimes or have practice matches against them.

At school

"Hey (y/n), where are the others?" Sunako asked, she and Makaira came running at me, even if its forbitten to run in the hallways but that doesn't matter. "ow they left to the cafeteria" I said, walking the opposite way of the cafeteria.

"then why aren't you there?" Makaira asked. "well I don't want to be in that place right now so I'm going to eat outside" wanting to leave but other questions came right at me. "Why? Did you had a fight or did something happened when we weren't there? Do you want us to come with you?" Sunako asked worried.

"no I'm not in a fight with anyone, I just want to think. It's nothing to worry about it's just some alone time I need" I gave them a little smile and then left them behind.

Once outside and found a peaceful place I started to eat and think.

(Sunako's pov)

There was something bothering her, I could see it in her eyes. Maybe ask the rest about this, this is not something I see (y/n) do often, but when she does something is probably bothering her.

"Makaira" "hmm" she responded to let me know she is listening. "do you think (y/n) was suspicious?" I'm asking Makaira to make sure I'm not the only one whom thinks that.

"yeah, I think something is not right. Want to figure out what it is?" she said. "of course, partner. She is our friend and teammate. I just want her to know we are here for her. Come lets ask the rest about this"

"yeah, lets go then" Makaira sure is my mental twin. (I also have this with someone)

We walked to the table of Katsu and Azumi. "hey gurlllss" Makaira said, it just makes her already suspicious. "hey what's up" Azumi oblivious asked, while Katsu is giving us weird looks like there is growing a mushroom on top of our head or something.

"we're good" Makaira answered "you guys are being suspicious, spit it out already" Katsu is getting annoyed about our suspicious behavior. So she noticed it pretty quick, like always.

"well, it's about (y/n). she didn't act like usual, and we want to know what is bothering her" I said. "ow that, she is having the same dreams lately and it is getting on her nerves. She said it will be over soon" does Katsu know everything? "she said something about after the 'anniversary' it probably will be over" Azumi added.

"what do you mean 'anniversary'" Makaira asked before I could. "we don't know that but let her be, she will be all right. And if it is serious we have Katsu who let the alarm go off" Azumi is so like a mom, maybe she is right. "now eat before the bell rings." Katsu is more like the dad whom is strict but also fun to be around.

Meanwhile with (y/n)

((y/n) pov)

After eating my lunch I went to the vending machine for milk. (Kageyama?) I pressed some buttons and then I got my FREE milk. "how did you do that" that voice, wait don't tell me that's Kageyama. I turned around and saw who I expected to see, the one and only Kageyama.

"how did I do what?" I tried to come over oblivious but I think I failed. "you know what I mean, you didn't put money in the vending machine" "I did put money in it" I lied like a liar. "really? Ow sorry then, but why aren't you with your friends?" wow Kageyama cares about something else then volleyball and winning.

"well I just wanted some alone time. Nothing to worry about" I gave him a smile and left him and the vending machine.

(Kageyama's pov)

I know she didn't put money in the machine but she is being strange, better tell coach about this. Wait why do I care? She does help us a lot at practice, and lifts the teams mood. Maybe it's better to let her Father know about it.

Time skip

I'm at the gym waiting for coach Ukai to come and tell him about his daughter. I warmed up. Afterwards I started to stretch. Coach Ukai came in talking with Takeda-sensei. I'll wait till they are done talking. Once I saw they were done, I went to coach Ukai.

"eumm... Coach can I talk to you for a moment?" I asked him. "sure what is it?" "well, I saw (y/n) at lunch but she didn't look the same. It looked like something was bothering her, she wasn't with her friend what I think is odd" I told him. "ah that, so I'm not the only one who saw it, I'll talk to her about it at dinner. Thank you for telling me" he said and we started practice.