10-Serious talk

(Keishin's pov)

As I got home together with (y/n), she immediately went to the kitchen to make dinner because my mom wasn't here today. I think back to what Kageyama told me, so I really wasn't the only one who saw her strange behavior. Maybe I should ask one of her friends, but whom am I going to ask?

After debating with myself, I came to the conclusion to call Katsu, much to my "liking". She isn't bad or anything, she just acts like a dad, if that makes sense but okay.

I took my phone out of my pocket and told (y/n) I had to make a call.

Outside I went into my contacts and looked for 'fake dad'. It's Katsu's name in my contacts but okay. I took a deep breath and hoped on dear life I am going to be okay. I pressed the call button and waited till she would answer her phone.

"Hello, Keishin?" she answered.

"hey, Katsu" I said trying not to make (y/n) hear me, even though she is inside in the kitchen. "why are you calling, you only call when it's serious" I was busy trying to find the right words to say.

"well, did you perhaps saw something strange about (y/n) behavior today?" I asked, worrying about what she is going to answer. "ow that, she just ate by herself today and she looked like she didn't had enough sleep. We asked her about it but she said she just had the same dreams lately and she also said something like 'it will probably be over after the anniversary'. That's all she told us. So you saw it too."

"yeah, I first thought I was the only one who saw it but now I know it's more then that." I heard her giggle over the phone. "Keishin, common we know her all like forever, something like that is noticeable" I sighed "but tell me if you know something Keishin, we all are worried about her"

"okay you too Katsu, bye" after that I hung up and went inside. I'll ask (y/n) about it at dinner, okay after she ate something though.

((y/n) pov)

I was cooking some ramen while my dad was talking to someone on the phone. After what felt like hours he came back, right on time because the ramen is done. I served us both and sat down in front of him.

"so who were you calling with?" I asked just to start a conversation. "I was talking with Takeda, just some thing about volleyball and stuff." (it was partly true Takeda called him after he had his call with Katsu) "but (y/n) how was your day?" "... It was okay" I answered, trying not to make eye contact.

We asked each other some more questions and helped some customers. We were both done eating and right when I was about to head to my room my father grabbed my wrist.

"(y/n) we need to talk" he said serious, but my fan fiction, drama ass had to make a comment on that. "but we already talked a minute ago"

"I know that, but I mean a serious talk" now I was sure it was really serious. "okay, about what is it?" I question him.

"it's about your strange behavior lately" my eyes widened at his comment. I guess it was really obvious then. "what about it?" just keep questioning him, act oblivious.

"(y/n) this is serious, you look tired, like you haven't slept good in days. And you also eating alone. (y/n) I'm worried about you, your friends are, and even Kageyama saw there is something wrong. And he is an idiot" wait even Kageyama.

"you can tell me" he said in a soft voice. "I- I have the same dreams lately and they keep me awake because I can't take it. I just hope that they are gone after the 'anniversary'"

"what are the dreams about?" I try so hard not to let my emotions get the better of me but its already to late. Dad wrapped his arms around be and tried to calm me.

I'll just tell him. "it's about Erity" just with that my dad got tears in his eyes and knew exactly what I meant with 'anniversary'

"why didn't you tell me?" still hugging me in comfort. "I didn't want to bother anyone, and thought it will go away, but it didn't. I'm just stuck with the dream or nightmare and the words she told me" I hugged my dad tighter

"you just had to bother me, I would never think you're a bother" he rubbed circles on my back. "you want me to sing you to sleep tonight? Like granny would do?" I nodded in response. "get ready for bed and call me when you're ready"

I stood up and went to my room and changed to my pj's and went to brush my teeth in the bathroom and did a number 1. After that I went back to my room and called my dad.

"dad!!" I yelled his name, and I immediately heard him coming up the stairs. "I'm here, you laying comfortable?" "yes" dad sat beside me, the big light was out but the lamp on my desk was on and gave enough light to see something.

(I'm cringing and laughing at the same time because of the thought of Keishin singing and this song in general. Song: que sera sera – by Doris Day. My mom used to sing me to sleep with this song so I thought why not use it)

"When I was just a little girl- boy

I asked my mother what will I be

Will I be pretty- handsome will I be rich

Here's what she said to me

Que sera sera

Whatever will be will be

The future's not ours to see

Que sera sera

What will be will be

When I grew up and fell in love

I asked my sweetheart what lies ahead

Will we have rainbows day after day

Here's what my sweetheart said

Que sera sera

Whatever will be will be

The future's not ours to see

Que sera sera

What will be will be

Now I have children- a child of my own

They - she ask their mot- father what will I be

Will I be han- pretty will I be rich

I tell th- her tenderly

Que sera sera

Whatever will be will be

The future's not ours to see

Que sera sera

What will be will be

Que sera sera" I laughed at my father correcting the song so it was like the song was from him to me. I felt my eyes get heavy, I just let them close. I was gone like wind. on adventure in dreamland. The last thing I heard was "goodnight, hyper"

(Keishin's pov)

I heard her laugh after I sang the song. I saw her close her eyes I said one last thing before I left to go sleep myself. "goodnight, hyper"

I hope she sleeps better tonight. I can use the sleep too. So I also went to bed. I lay in my bed and I get a flashback from 2 years ago, how my daughter and her friends lost a friend. I tried not to think about it anymore and just sleep. Easier said than done.

(let me know what you thought about this chapter, i know i should involve more haikyu characters, but i promise they will come. it's just hard  to just jump one way and then the other way. i just want the story to make sense)