12-Not alone

((y/n) pov)

I woke up this morning and I felt better than the past 8 days. It is still 2 days till the 'anniversary' but I feel better about it now. Maybe it is time to open up about what Erity said to me. No one knows about it, not even my closest friends or my dad. I think I finally realize I don't have to bear this weight all by myself. I'll tell them all after practice so I won't have to say it twice, cause I would breakdown twice then.

I did my morning routine and went downstairs to greet my dad. "zombie morning dad" I said. "zombie morning, Hyper" he greeted me back. "how have you slept?" "better than previous nights, actually. Thank, you for that" I answered truthfully. "that is good to hear" "dad?" I called out to him. Getting an 'hmmm' in response. "I want to talk to you after practice, Katsu, Sunako, Azumi and Makaira will also be there" I said, so he isn't going to fall from the sky.

Time skip to after practice

I walked out the clubroom with my friends about to go to the boys gym. "eum... (y/n) what is it you want to talk about?" Makaira asked not knowingly what is going to come. "I'll tell you when we are alone and my dad is with us." I responded without looking at her, trying to keep my nervous in check.

We got to the boys gym and entered. Everyone already went home, so the only ones in the gym are Makaira, Azumi, Katsu, Sunako, dad and me.

"okay we're all here now so what do you want to say?" the question came from Katsu. "well..." I took a deep breath in and started to talk "it is about Erity, she couldn't sleep and neither did I, we talked about things like what she would've loved to become and achieve in her life without cancer at her door." The temperature went down by a lot on the moment I began about Erity "she cried silently while talking, she didn't want to go, she was scared and disappointed with herself cause she was going to leave us. I told her it wasn't her choice to leave so it is alright" it became hard to breath but I kept going.

"she asked me to promise something, something what I never thought she would ask me to promise. 'help those crows fly, higher than ever seen before. You are a born leader, you're going to be captain for a reason. Even if you aren't the captain help them. I know I would've been the captain if this wasn't there but now it is going to be you whom is going to take that position. It is your calling now' she said that I'll have to show everyone those crows can fly, I just don't have that much fate in myself. I'm scared that I'll do the wrong thing or that I won't fulfill my promise."

After my explanation they all looked at me with wide eyes and some tears.

"you are an amazing captain and you're doing an amazing job at helping everyone to try and fly again. That is how you were from the beginning! You made us like this, thanks to you we can play this good. And don't ever forget you're not alone!" Makaira said with so much love and adoring in her eyes and voice.

I started crying myself. They came to me and gave me a groups hug.

(Tanakas pov)

Noya and I were walking till I came to the conclusion I forgot my phone in the gym, on the hope the gym was still open I started to run back, Noya being friendly is coming after me with a colfused face but waited till we reached the gym again.

We came to a stop right before the gym. The lights were still on, so it isn't closed yet. "why did you started to run back?" Noya asked confused why we are here. "I forgot my phone in the gym." "ow, okay. Let's go inside, the lights are still on." I nodded in response.

Right before I was about to open the door, we heard talking. We might or might not have heard the conversation but it sounds sad and all. The only question Noya and I both have is who is Erity?

"I think it is safe to open the door now and get your phone" Noya said still not sure how to feal. "yeah" I answered back and opened the door silently not to make to much noice.

KREACK!!

'Shit' that damn door!

((y/n) pov)

We were still in a groups hug when we heard a KREACH! We all shot up and let go off the hug. We all looked at the door and saw two faces come out. It were Tanaka and Noya. 'what are they doing here?'

Right when I thought that my dad asked the question. "what are you to doing here?" "eum... I forgot my phone" Tanaka said while scratching his neck. "get your phone and go home" "yes, coach!" Noya and Tanaka said in unison.

He took his phone and they both left. After that we all went home. Before going to sleep I watched the night sky and thought about today "Erity I miss you, but thank you for letting me make this promise, and having this much fate in me. First I thought I had to bear this weight all by myself but now I know I'm not alone." Talking to a dead person might be weird but I know it makes the weight a little more bearable.

hello dear readers 2 chapters on 1 day!!! i know it has been some time but i'm back and found some inspiration for this book so it will make it a little bit easier to start the next chapter!! if you have questions, suggestions, or really anything just leave a comment or dm me.