Epilogue~ Vows

"Are you ready Tommo?" Liam patted Louis' shoulder proudly.

"I've never been more ready in my life," Louis laughed and looked fondly at his three best friends.

The four boys stood together on the balcony of a Mansion that overlooked a stunning Vineyard in Temecula, California. The sun was setting and the string lights below were beginning to turn on.

Niall held his champagne glass up into the air. "Cheers to ten years of friendship and everlasting love," he grinned.

Liam and Zayn nodded happily and toasted to tonight.

It was July 11th, 2020 and in approximately fifteen minutes Louis would be saying "I do" to a life time with Harry.

It would be the happiest day of his life.
~

28 year old Louis stood at the altar, surrounded by hundreds of white carnations and candles. The moon illuminated the smiling faces of friends and family in the crowd. Louis knew he was exactly where he was supposed to be.

The piano music began and everyone turned to face the isle. Louis and Harry's sisters were accompanied by Liam, Niall, and Zayn. Each pair made their way to the gazebo where they stood on either side of Louis.

It was time.

The piano version of Kiss Me by Ed Sheeran began and their officiant asked all guests to stand in preparation for Harry. Louis' hands shook. Even after a decade, the thought of his fiancé made him completely weak.

There he was, walking out of the back doors of the mansion, arm in arm with his mom. Louis' breath hitched at the sight of Harry. He looked entirely angelic; every inch of him was glowing.

Louis shook his head, lips trembling; Harry was so beautiful. The brunette boy smiled lovingly back at him, mouthing "don't cry" as they met at the alter.

The crowd cooed at the love that radiated off of them. Louis blinked his tears away, hugging Harry's mum and preparing himself for forever.

They were surrounded by soft light, flower petals, and everyone they loved. It was the wedding they had always dreamed of with the person they always knew would be standing across from them.

"We are gathered here today to celebrate the love story of Harry and Louis..." the officiant began the ceremony.

Louis took Harry's hands in his and waited until it was time to recite their vows. Both boys had decided to write their own, personal promises.

When it was time, Harry was asked to go first. He smiled nervously at Louis and then at the crowd.

"I think just about everyone here with us tonight knew I loved Louis before Louis even knew himself," Harry began talking and their friends and family laughed, nodding in agreement.

Louis laughed too, knowing that their love story was anything but ordinary. They may have had a rocky start, but Louis wouldn't change a thing.

"It took five years and being forced into a relationship for us to finally take that leap of faith," Harry laughed softly.

Although it was unimaginably hard back then, it all seemed a bit funny now.

"But I'm so happy we did, because loving you has been the greatest adventure of my life. Everyday I wake up feeling so blessed that the universe crossed our paths, that I get to spend the rest of my life in your arms," Harry smiled at Louis, feeling the tears well up in his eyes.