Without You

"C'mon Yeji unnie. You need to get up." Chaeryoung's clear voice rang out but to me, it was just a distant sound I refused to listen to.

"No." I responded simply earning a heavy sigh from the younger girl.

"Unnie, you've been in this room for over a day. You NEED to stop. Leave and come eat breakfast with us." She tried to reason but I still refused.

"LIAAAA!" She shouted making the said girl take Chaeryoung's place in the room.

The room we'd shared.

"Yeji..." Lia began but I cut her off before she could get her words out.

"I said I'm not leaving Lia." I stated firmly.

"I'm not here for that." She spoke, her voice sweet and soothing, a change of pace from the previous firm and frustrated tones used prior.

Don't do it.

It's what she wants.

I tried to ignore it, but my curiosity got the better of me as I sat up to face her.

"Then, why are you here? I asked curiously waiting for her answer.

"To listen." She answered simply as she took a seat on the chair she'd pulled up.

"Talk to me Yeji. I know Ryujin's absence is affecting you more than the rest of us," she began making me look down sadly at her words. "But I also know that there's another reason you're being like this." She finished catching my attention once more.

"So talk to me. Please unnie." Her words did the trick.

They broke through all my defenses and I told her everything.

"Why Lia?" I whispered, my voice barely audible.

Lia understood that I didn't want an answer and let me continue without a word.

"Why didn't I do anything?" I elaborated letting my voice grow louder.

"She was right there! She was within my reach and I let her go!" I cried out finally letting out all the thoughts and feelings that had consumed me since the airport.

"She's gone Lia. I pushed her away. Me." My voice lowered itself as I felt my eyes water.

"Why do I only know realize my mistake!?" I screamed, once again letting my voice increase in volume.  My tears spilled out of my eyes and soaked the bed but I didn't care.

I was angry.

Angry at myself.

Angry at the world.

Angry at everything.

Except her.

I couldn't be mad at her nor could I be mad at the rest of the girls.

"I miss her so much Lia." I whispered softly.

"I know Yeji. I know you do." She got up and sat next to me on the bed as she pulled my head into her chest, rubbing my back comfortingly.

No sounds were heard other than my quiet sobs and shaky breaths.

We stayed like this until a soft, quiet voice was heard from the doorway.

"Please don't cry Yeji unnie." Yuna whispered as her and Chaeryoung joined me and Lia on the bed, enveloping me in a group hug.

I smiled gratefully at their actions but it was a sad smile.

One, two, three, four.

I miss her so much. It's so different without her.

"Are you feeling better unnie?" Chaeryoung's spoke up. I nodded in response as I wiped my face with my sleeves.