22: An Older Brother's Guide to Setting Up A Date for Your Younger Siblings

It was a peaceful afternoon in the Scamander family Manor. Everyone who was staying in the house gathered together in the living room for some peace and quiet.

Newt sat on the carpet with a sketchbook on his lap and was currently trying to sketch the Scamander brothers' pet bearded collie, Dougal. Tina was curled up comfortably in the armchair with a book she had found in the library. Queenie and Jacob were talking quietly to themselves while drinking tea on the loveseat in the corner. Leta occupied the entire 3-seater to herself, lying horizontally on it as she scrolled through her phone.

It was quiet, peaceful, and calm. Just how everyone wanted it to be.

That is...

"Tina!"

Tina, who was really immersed in her book, looked up with an annoyed expression on her face.

The eldest Scamander child, Theseus had just entered the once peaceful living room hurriedly.

"Yes, Theseus?" Tina asked, her fingers drumming on her knees impatiently.

"Are you free on Friday?" Theseus asked.

Everyone else in the room stopped whatever they were doing as soon as the word left the man's mouth. They all stared at him, well...not all of them, really - Newt was pretty much glaring at him.

"What?" Tina asked, surprised.

Theseus ignored all the stares (especially his younger brother's glare) and continued, "Are you free, like, around 8 pm on Friday?"

Tina thought about it for a moment before nodding hesitantly. "Yes...?"

Theseus nodded and turned to look at his brother who was still glaring at him. "What about you?"

Newt's glare ceased and his eyes widened. What? "Uhm...yes, I am."

Theseus smiled and clasped his hand together in triumph. "Great, because I'm not! You two go on without me. Enjoy your date!" he laughed and ran out.

Everyone who was left in the living room was stunned for a second before bursting out laughing (except for Newt and Tina) and returning to whatever they were doing.

Newt and Tina, who were blushing furiously, looked at each other.

"Did he just...?" Tina trailed off.

Newt shrugged, still stunned by his older brother's antics. He blinked and shook his head and went back to drawing Dougal.

After a few minutes of silence, though:

Newt asked, "Tina, are you really free on Friday?"

A/N: Formerly titled ""How to Get Them to Go On a Date" by Theseus Scamander"

[Edited and Re-uploaded: July 21, 2020]