31: Morning Melodies and Conversations

Sunlight filtered through the curtains, illuminating the large bedroom. Tina groaned as she woke, hands coming up to cover eyes from the bright light. Eyes closed, Tina slowly sat up on the bed. She blinked a few times until her vision cleared and looked around.

Huh...this isn't my room, she mused.

The room she was in was large. Two tall windows stood at the left side of the room, covered by white curtains. A large wardrobe was situated right across the canopy bed she sat in, and a beautiful vanity table was beside it. Bookcases lined the right side of the room, near the white wooden doors.

Tina got out of bed and wandered over to one of the windows. She stared out and saw lush green fields stretching for miles and miles over the horizon. The rising sun just made the view even better.

The countryside? Tina wondered, before remembering what had happened before. Oh...I remember now.

It had been exactly two days after that day...the day of Grindelwald's rally that had gone wrong at Père Lachaise Cemetery.

The day they lost their loved ones.

Tina closed her eyes. Queenie...

The remaining people—those who actually managed to get out alive—had decided to head to Hogwarts the following morning to have a talk with Dumbledore about what they were to do now, now that Grindelwald's a step ahead of them. It turned out to be wrong, though, since they've found something that might help them stop Grindelwald.

All thanks to the niffler.

After a not-so-pleasant discussion over tea, the group had decided to part ways. Travers and his Aurors returned to the Ministry to report on the recent events that had transpired. Kama decided to return to France.

Nagini, the poor girl, had no place to stay. Before all this, all she had was the circus and Credence. But, after running away and failing to keep her only friend from joining the wrong side, she had lost everything. Dumbledore, the kind man that he is, offered to let her stay with Newt, who kindly accepted. The young girl was a magical creature herself, and who better to help her than the famed magizoologist Newt Scamander.

Jacob, just as devastated as Tina on their loss of Queenie, agreed to stay with Newt for the time being. He knew that he should really return to New York for his bakery.

And Tina...she knew she had nowhere else to go at that point. She can't return to New York for she would be in great trouble. She went against her orders again and she knew the President wouldn't be tolerant about her actions, unlike before. She couldn't stay in England either. She's neither a citizen nor an employee here. She had intended to return to New York instead to face the consequences of her actions, but Newt had managed to convince her to stay, saying that she needed that...that they all needed that.

In the end, the group of five apparated to the Scamander Manor, a large, beautiful mansion in Dorset. It was safe there and large enough to accommodate all of them, according to Theseus. Newt had previously objected to the idea, remembering that his creatures in his basement needed to be taken care of, but Theseus told him that it was best to stay together for now.

And that's how Tina ended up in one of the rooms in the Manor.

Sighing, Tina walked away from the window, shaking her head to relieve her from the horrible memories from two days before. She dragged her feet towards the door and reached out to open it, but stopped when she remembered that she was still in her nightgown.

Not wanting to look indecent, Tina transfigured her nightgown into her regular blouse and pants. She then put on her boots. After checking her appearance in the vanity mirror, she exited the room.