38: Napkins are Too Overrated

"Prim, do you know where mum hid the biscuits?" Theseus Scamander asked his younger sister as he stopped by the living room.

Primrose looked up from the book she was reading. "Oh, it's in the upper cupboard to the left, I think."

Theseus nodded his thanks and headed towards the kitchen. He was feeling hungry lately and decided to eat some of their mother's delicious homemade biscuits. But, recently, their mother had hidden the biscuit tin because the siblings don't know how to control themselves around it. Usually, the biscuits will be gone in just a matter of minutes if she hadn't hidden them.

But his thoughts on the delicious biscuits were rudely interrupted when he heard giggling from the kitchen. Realizing who might be in there, Theseus slowed his pace and tiptoed his way into the kitchen and...

Oh Merlin's underpants, he groaned, why?!

There, just in front of the cupboard that Primrose mentioned, stood his brother and Tina Goldstein, his girlfriend who was visiting for a few weeks. They were locked in a tight embrace and were kissing.

Kissing in the kitchen...really, Newton?

Theseus cleared his throat, "Excuse me," effectively startling the couple and causing them to jump apart.

"O-oh! H-hello, Theseus..." Tina gasped, looking away.

Theseus tried to hold back a smirk. "Care to tell me what you were doing?" he asked, putting on his best poker face.

Newt, blushing, cleared his throat and replied, "I...I was taking some crumbs off Tina's lips.."

Theseus had to hold back his laughter. "With yours?" He raised a brow. "Napkins exist too, you know," he said, gesturing towards the napkin holder sitting at the center of the kitchen island.

His brother stayed silent for a while. He glanced at his girlfriend who was staring at him. He then looked at Theseus. "Napkins are too overrated," he said matter-of-factly with a nonchalant shrug.

That made Tina giggle. Theseus just groaned. He rolled his eyes in fond annoyance. Walking over to the couple, he asked, "Now, I assume you've been eating some of mum's biscuits." He held out one hand, the other resting on his hip. "Where is it?"

Newt scowled at him for a moment, unmoving, before turning around to grab something from behind him. When he faced Theseus again, he handed him a medium-sized circular tin that had a label on it which read: 'Mum's biscuits'.

Theseus took it from Newt's hand with a smirk and turned to walk away from the kitchen.

"Don't eat all of it!" Newt called after him.

Theseus stopped. He looked over his shoulder, smirking. "Only if you and your girlfriend don't snog in front of me," he teased.

That left Newt speechless and utterly red while Tina doubled her laughter.

Satisfied, Theseus left the room and headed upstairs to eat the biscuits in peace.

Those two are one day going to be the death of me, he chuckled.

[Edited and Re-uploaded: August 7, 2020]