Chapter 12

I walked up my bedroom and slammed the door shut. I could hear my mom yelling downstairs on not to slam doors but I could careless.                                                            I hate how she acts like she can control me. I love to Dance but I won't let it take over my entire life. There are other things I want to do. I want to travel, have fun, fall in love. My thoughts were interrupted by mom barging in the room. She started to look around and see that I still had boxes not opened. "Open these boxes. Now. Also, get ready for your dance pratice." She demanded. "No." I demanded back. She was about to walk out until she heard my remark. "Laura, cut the attitude and get ready." She spat. "No." I wasn't going to let her treat me like this. Not this time. She grabbed my arm but yanked it. "What is up? What happened to good Laura?" She questioned. I scoffed. "Nothing happened to her. Don't you understand that there is more in life than Dancing?" She gave a stern look. "Stop acting like a brat." She told me. "Stop acting like you own me. Stop acting like you know what's best for me. Stop acting like everything revolves around you." I protest at her. Her teeth gritted together. Her hand connected with my face with a sound of a hard smack. I gasped and held my cheek. She grunted at my whimpering. "You make me sick." She whispered in my face. I tried to hold back tears as she stomped out the room.