𝕋𝔸𝕃𝕃𝔸ℍ𝔸𝕊𝕊𝔼𝔼 ℙ𝔸ℝ𝕋 𝟙

THE ENCHANTED FOREST.  The gang all stared above at the large beanstalk that towered them. Emma kept her gaze on the beanstalk before breaking gaze with it to Mary Margaret.

"It's a little freakier than I remember from the story." Emma says and looks up at it again.

Mulan frowns, "Reminds me of death,"

"Encouraging." Mary Margaret says.

Hook looks at Emma, "Well, your compass awaits." He glanced at the others, "Shall we?"

Emma glanced at the pirate, "Wait, if these create portals, why not just pick one and go home? Why the compass?" She asks.

Hook looks at her, "Because there aren't any more beans." He says, "Whatever story you think you know, my dear, is most certainly wrong."

Emma tilts her head, "There was a guy named Jack and a cow and something about an evil giant with a treature and a golden goose. Or harp." Emma says retelling it.

William looks up at her with interest.

A small smile escapes the lips of the pirate. He looks at the blonde woman, both their gaze meeting.

"Sounds like a lovely tale, but the truth's a bit more gruesome. The giants grew the beans, but rather that use them for good, they used them to plunder all the lands." Hook says, "Jack was a man who fought a terrible war, defeating all but of the evil giants. The beans were destroyed by the giants as they died. If they couldn't have their magic, then nobody could. It's really very bad form."

Emma kept her eyes on the pirate, "Evil giants who made magic portal beans? Why doesn't anyone just go up and grow some more?" She asks.

"Because one giant survived," Hook says.

William looks at Hook, "So the rumors are true?" He asks.

Hook locks eyes with the boy, "Yes," Hook says and goes on to add, "He is one of the strongest and most terrible of them all. And we'll have to get past him to-,"

"The magic compass," Mary Margaret finishes.

Hook nods, "Indeed." He says, "The treasure remains, and amongst it is the compass. Now it will guide us to your land. Cora has the means to open a portal with the ashes of the wardrobe, but she can't find your land without the compass."

Eyes shifting among each other as Hook speaks.

"Once we get it, steal the ashes from her, and we're on our way." Hook finishes with a small grin on his face.

Mulan glanced at the pirate, "How do we know you're not just using us to get the compass for Cora?" She asks him while holding onto the handle of her sword.

Hook looks at the warrior, "Because you five are far safer company. All I need is a ride back, I'll swear allegiance to whomever gets me there first." He says.

Emma looks from the pirate to the beanstalk.

"Then we'd better start climbing." Emma says.

Hook then speaks up again, "Right, so I failed to mention that the giant enchanted the beanstalk to repel intruders." Hook says.

Emma glanced back at Hook, "Alright, so how do we get up there?" She asks.

"I've got a counter from Cora, if you'd be so kind." Hook looks at Mary Margaret.

Mary Margaret rolls her eyes slight, but then frees his hands.

"Thank you, milady. I've got one more of these." Hook says, "Cora was to accompany me. So which one of you five wish to take her place? Hmm?"