ℚ𝕌𝔼𝔼ℕ 𝕆𝔽 ℍ𝔼𝔸ℝ𝕋𝕊 ℙ𝔸ℝ𝕋 𝟙

STORYBROOKE. At Mr. Gold's Pawn Shop, Regina checks on David who is still under the sleeping curse. Gold walks over and looks at the Evil Queen and then the prince.

"Any change?" Gold asks.

Regina looks at Gold, "No. He's not improving. He needs true loves kiss. He won't wake up until Mary Margaret comes back."

"Until?" Gold asks, "Well, that's rather optimistic, isn't it?"

Regina stands, "What are you talking about?"

Gold tilts his head, "They're up against your mother. The only chance Snow and Emma have of defeating her is with squid ink." He says.

Regina crosses her arms on her chest, "Which is why you sent the message through David." She says.

"Which would be beneficial if we knew that message was delivered. But alas, given the Prince's condition, we don't know. As such, it's important we take precautions. We have to consider the possibility that, when that portal opens, it won't be his family that comes through. It'll be Cora." Gold tells Regina.

"And neither one of us wants that." Regina says frowning.

Gold nods, "We have to find where they're coming through and destroy that portal." He says.

"But whoever came through would die," Regina.

Gold points at her with a grin, "Exactly. But I'm confident between the two of us, we can summon up enough magic to complete the task." He says.

Regina then had a thought, "Well, what if we're wrong?"

Gold looks at her a bit confused.

"What if that portal opens up, and it's not my mother? What if Mary Margaret and Emma do defeat Cora and go through it?" Regina asks, "What if William comes with?"

Mr. Gold shrugs, "Well, I believe in this world, they call that a win-win." He says.

Regina narrows her eyes, "How exactly is that?" She asks.

"If we stop Cora, you are protected from your mother's wrath. If, on the other hand, we stop Snow and Emma, well- you become the only mother in your son's life, now don't you?" Gold says, "And as for William, you clearly didn't care enough for the poor boy before so why have a heart now?"

Regina gives him a glare.

"Look, magic is unpredictable in this world. If something unfortunate were to happen while you were attempting to help," Gold scoffs, "Henry could hardly blame you for that, could he?"

"No. I can't lie to him." Regina says, "I'm trying to be a better mother."

"You won't be able to be a better anything if Cora comes through. And if she does, she will be a threat to everyone, including your son. So, if you truly want to be a good mother to Henry, to protect him, if you want to be better, prove it." Gold says in Regina's face.

{ONCE}

ENCHANTED FOREST. The company had arrived inside the cave where Rumpelstiltskin was held by Snow and Charming all those years ago. Mulan held a torch as did Mary Margaret.

Mary Margaret led the group through the darkness in the direction of where the Dark One was kept. William kept looking around a bit on edge. The walk was short because passing some sharp rocks and then found themselves at the cell.

"Rumpelstiltskin's cell. I haven't been here since before Regina's curse." Mary Margaret turns to Emma, "This is where he told us you were going to be the Savior."