Chapter 9: Potato Is Back?

 “ I would like to thank everyone for taking this case seriously.” Officer George said. Continued with a round of applause by the soldiers.

 “Finally we have get rid of potato. Cheers!” Officer George said as if it was his happiest day of his life. He raised up his wine up, filled with champagne . All the soldiers too marched to get their own and raised their hands up high with their cup held in their hands tightly.

 “I thought it was something important…” I said with eye lids about to close.

 “Hey! How dare you say that! Officer George had never thank us for anything. This is his first time. So I demand you to keep back your words!” One of the soldier beside me roared at me and shot me a blood-chilling glare.

 “Okay.Okay. Don’t be so serious. I eat back my words.” A chill went down my spine, thinking that  why did he overreact  for such a small thing.

“Told you not to say those kind of things in front of people.” Vanilla laughed. 

**************************************************

 I jumped up from my bed early in the morning. I looked at the clock, it’s already 11am in the morning. I thought it’s still 7am in the morning. Not early at all. 

“Uhhhh....” I yawned, trying to pull myself up from my comfortable, bouncy bed.

 Vanilla ran into my room, darted her legs as fast as a lizard with a newspaper in her hands. She straightened her hand, passing me the newspaper. Shaky hands?

 “ Read! Th..the  po…potato!” Vanilla said anxiously.

 “ Haiz… What’s wrong with the potato?’’I said while getting the newspaper from potato hands thinking : isn't the potato in Mars?

BIG NEWS! BIG NEWS!

Breaking news! There were few hundreds of restaurants and supermarkets in the city, in Paris found that all edible food(including uncooked meats) were stolen without anyone knowing, only until an early morning. No one knows who was that. The few bosses of the supermarket suspected that would be some gangsters that came down in a gang and stole food from here. Even the CCTV in the restaurants and super market which screened out were blurry and no one could be recognise. The picture below shows The clearest picture they have found from the CCTV after exactly 24hours of replaying the DVD. 

“Let’s see… The picture below had a piece of cloth covered with only the edges could be seen. It had rounded ends by the sides, and its totally pitch dark for the background, how can we see? But how can it be potato? I know the creature which looked like a piece of cloth covering (which only if we had looked carefully then we can identify the creatuere) there is huge, but how can be determine that it is potato. Potato is really enormous, and it had been described: The Camera had zoomed back and moved back but they still could not take her photograph, but only her eye. So this picture could not be taken if it is potato.” I assured Vanilla.

 “ You have got a point. But I still think something could happen. Miracles… Maybe she had magic powers? Or it can be potato sister or daughter named after sweet potato?” Vanilla said, not believing the truth.

 I think she has been thinking too much.

 “Not feeling well eh?” I asked.

 Vanilla shook her head, “ Nothing's wrong.”

Has potato really come back from Mars? Many possibilities :D Wait for the next chapter- Chapter 10 to find out. Please help to vote! Thanks, I appreciate every votes and comments helping me to improve. Thank you^^