Fernweh

Category: Fluff

Ship: No ship

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Fernweh

(n.) wanderlust; an ache for distance places or a strong desire to travel

~~~

Katsuki sat on one of the common room couches looking at his phone. Specifically his background which was the Grand Canyon in Arizona over in the U.S. He so desperately wanted to travel, he wanted to see the world, he wanted to get lost in the streets of a market in germany. He wanted it so bad, but he couldn't. Katsuki knew he couldn't travel. The only traveling he could do was drive. Little did Katsuki know his mom had a plan.

"Yo Bakubro, you ve been staring at your phone for a while now. You ok?" Kirishima sat next to Katsuki.

"Mhm, I'm fine." Katsuki said as he slid his phone in his back pocket and stood up. He walked out of the common room, and to his room to finish packing his bag for the weekend at his parent's.

Soon Katsuki was on the way to his parent's house. He had earbuds in his ears playing some random song, and he was on numerous travel websites scrolling through the galleries of photos of mountains, canyons, and fields. He stopped scrolling when he came across a huge valley with flowers growing on each side of every color. Katsuki's shoulders slumped at the realization that he would never go there.

Katsuki walked through the front door, his mother immediately coming to give him a hug, but stopping at seeing her son's dejected expression.

"Oh no. You were on those travel websites again weren't you?" Mitsuki sighed, and then smiled at the thought of her son wanting something more than being #1 hero.

"Mhm." Katsuki mumbled, as he walked to his room, and set his bag on his bed.

Dinner came sooner than later, and Katsuki noticed something was up with his parents.

Katsuki couldn't take it anymore, "What the hell is up with you guys?" Katsuki asked gruffly, taking his glass of water in his hand.

Katsuki brought the glass to his lips, and took a sip, "Well me and your father have been talking, and our fashion company has been doing stupendous as of lately. So we took it upon ourselves to save enough money for you to travel the world for a year." Mitsuki said. Katsuki promptly choked and spit out his water.

"Wait you're serious!?" Katsuki asked, in disbelief.

"Very serious Katsuki." Masaru said, taking a drink from his water glass.

"Holy shit! Thank you! What brought this decision on?" Katsuki asked.

"I hate seeing your dejected expression after you've binged on some random travel site, and I thought why don't we solve that." Mitsuki smiled at her son, who was still shocked that his parents even thought of the idea.

"Oh, when am I leaving?" Katsuki asked.

"Sunday night, your first stop is Germany, then you can pick the next places you want to go. We saved enough money for you to go around the world." Mitsuki said.

"I should get packing then!" Katsuki abruptly stood up.

"No need, your mother and I had already asked for your dorm items to be returned here, and had already packed your bags." Masaru said, taking another drink of his water.

"I still can't believe this. Thank you, truely. I didn't think I would ever get to cure my desire to travel."

Katsuki spent the weekend with his parents, and wrote goodbye letters to the majority of his class. There are some he didn't write letters to, because he didn't really talk to them, like Ojiro or he didn't want to, like Mineta.