Chapter Four

AN: Yes, I know I just changed the name, sorry :/ it just didn't fit with how I thought the story should go. Thanks for bearing with me through that

***takieitback

///|||\\\

I sat on the foot of my bed staring at myself in the mirror. "Brax, do you think it'd be weird if I changed?" I placed my black hair up, waiting for a response. I turned back towards him, he was leaning up against the head board with my old grey fedora on staring at my Mac screen. "Brax?"

He looked up, "Oh, I mean, you should do what you want." Then he placed his eyes back towards the screen. "You know, they're pretty funny." Brax smiled at himself. "They're all super adorable too. Did you know Trevor was on x-factor?" He flipped the laptop around and faced it towards me, playing Trevor's audition video.

I laughed and stood up, walking towards my closet. "That's hilarious. Look at him work it." I started rummaging through my clothes. "Now Brax, I'm being serious! Do I change or not?" I stood in front of him in my outfit. I was in a baggy black Pretty Reckless t-shirt that I had cut up last summer with a red bikini underneath and it was tucked into my high waisted dark wash jeans in the front.

"I mean, what are we even doing?" Brax asked, going through more O2L videos, finding one with all of them in it.

I glared at him. "I don't know about you but I think it might be a little weird to just go stalk them like that with out getting to know them." As much as something inside me wanted to watch them, I just didn't think I would view them as the same.

He sighed and shut the laptop. "I guess that will be something I do in my own time." He got up and walked over to my closet going through some of my clothes. "Now Ki, what are we even doing?" He started pulling some shirts out and tossing them on to my bed. "You're acting like it's some sort of date."

"I think we're just going to show them around the town, maybe grab a bite at Fishies." I walked back over to my mirror and started messing around with my hair. "Maybe I'll just straighten this mess."

"You know what, you look fine. We're running out of time anyways. Now the real question is, do I look okay?" Braxton shoved me away from the mirror looking at his long lanky self and fixing his grey Sperry's. He was wearing a navy blue short sleeve button up with little grey whales on it and a plain pair of skinny jeans topped off with my fedora.

"Are you sure you're gay? You're lookin' mighty fine." I nudged him and winked.

I've know this kid since we were babies. When my mom and dad came to Michigan after my dad had finished his run in the navy they split and she wasn't able to go back to Hawaii due to financial issues. So, my mom ran away to this little town and started just living at the Inn, working off her rent while being pregnant with me. I've never met my father and mom has never told me why they divorced...it's just how it happened I guess. After I was born the Inn was my home, and it was Brax's too. We knew every hiding spot, every short cut, and we just grew up together. It wasn't until recently that he came out, junior year of high school actually. That didn't change a thing.

My thoughts were interuppted by the doorbell. "Already?!" I slid on my red vans and ran down the stairs, fixing my hair along the way. "Mom, stay in there!" I shouted at her while she sat on the dining room table. I took a deep breath and fixed my posture. Opening the door I saw Sam and Kian right up front, the rest of the guys waiting in the lawn. "Oh hey guys."

"You and uh...Brax, ready to go?" Sam asked, trying to remember Braxton's name.

Braxton came up behind me. "I know, my name is a bit rough."

"Ready to rock." I grinned at the two, starting out the door. The guys turned around and we all stood in the lawn. I smiled at the rest of them. "What's up?"

"My uncle wants us to stop by the parlor." JC sighed, slipping his phone into his jean pocket.

I nodded. "Well that's just part of the tour." I started walking towards the town. "This will probably be the shortest tour of your life."

On our way out there was a lot of small talk, getting to know each other. Brax actually talked quite a bit to my surpise. He's usually the quiet one. It was about ten minutes until we got to the coffee shop right on the corner. I showed them in, walking in first and Betty glared me down. "You're not getting your job back.

"Hold the phone Bethany. I'm just showing these guys around. Calm yourself." I sassed. I saw her ease up and walk into the back room. I looked back at the guys finding Kian right behind me. "Uhm, yeah. Let's just say this is the only place in town that I'm not on good terms with. They have great coffee though, so there's that."

Connor smiled and walked over to the reading section. "It's no Starbucks but it'll do."

"Let me take you guys to the ice cream shop." We all walked out and walked right into the building next door. A little bell chimed when we opened the door.

"Ayyye, Uncle Ren, what's up broooo?" JC sang as we walked in, looking around. "This place is tiiiiight."

"I see you've found people who live in this 'no mans land'." His uncle put up air quotes around no mans land.

I laughed. "It is pretty dead around here. I'm Kila." I hold out my hand and he graciously shakes it.

"I'm Braxton, my dad owns the inn up the street." They shook hands as well.

"Nice to meet you kids. Call me Ren." He nodded then looked towards the guys. "What are you up to today?"

Ricky answered. "Just going to explore the town with these two I guess. Maybe hit the beach."

"Sounds like fun. Remember, you guys got to help out sometimes. I didn't bring you here for free."

"Child labor." Trevor whined.

"Oh shut up Trev." Kian lightly punched him in the side.

"If you ever need any help I'll be around." I grinned at Ren, remembering that I needed a job.

"Thank you, I appreciate that. Alright, I have to stick around and wait for the freezer truck to come in. You all may be helping me paint tomorrow."

"Sounds chill Uncle Renny." JC teased. "Let's roll out then boys. And Kila." He led the way out side, now just aimlessly walking around.

I stood in the back, observing how they all interacted with each other, adding Braxton into the group. He was walking alongside Sam and Connor. JC, Ricky, and Trevor all in the front, walking back and forth around the street, stopping and looking in some of the windows. I then realized that Kian wasn't in front of me. I found him standing next to me, just looking up and around. "Oh, hey. I didn't realizing you were walking next to me." I turned to him and smiled.

He broke his gaze at the sky then looked at me. "Oh, you seemed alone back here so I decided I'd walk with you."

"So what do you think?" I pointed towards the inn, the sun starting to move in it's direction.

"It's a gorgeous little town. I love places like these." Kian said, taking a deep breath, everything sinking in. "What's the beach like?" He messed with the blonde hair on top of his head.

"I've never seen an ocean beach, but Lake Michigan's beaches are probably the best lake beaches you'll find around here. They're stunning."

"Really? Well can we go there tonight?" Kian said, excited.

I look at him and nodded. "What would a tour be without the beach?" I looked towards the front of the group, laughing to myself at the guys getting along so well. "We gotta get you boys some boards or scooters or something. That's the only way to get around this town." I shouted above the group. "Wanna hit the beach? Then maybe grab a bite?"

///|||\\\

Thanks for the read my lovelies! I see I'm getting closer to 100 views which gets me excited. It would super cool if you gu ys starred and commented and stuff. Maybe help give some ideas. What do you think of the new name? New cover? Yay or nay? Alright, thanks again guys!

***takieitback